Chapter 26

Hey guys, chapter 26...not to good sorry! next will be better! thanks for all the votes and reads!!!

"Clarisse?!?" I said peering closer to the disheveled woman. Her eyes got wide and her mouth fell in that familiar way, there was no doubt that she was the woman who had been my friend and mother-figure for years, but what was she doing here. "No No, No se!" she shouted in a heavily accented tone. "What? Clarisse that is obviously you! I think I'd recognize you" i said, putting my hands on my hips and tilting my head. Suddenly, a shout sounded from behind me and I turned, "stop that woman! NYPD!" a young man with a shiny gun yelled. I turned back around to Clarisse who suddenly became pitiful looking as she spoke quickly. "im sorry Marina, I got greedy." she said and fled from her stationary position, knocking over medical carts as she ran down the hall, closely pursued by ,now, several police. "well ok then..." i said and turned back the way I was going. I calmly avoided several more officers and many overturned wheel chairs as I made my way to find paul or Cynthia. I had seen it all...that was for sure and right now I really didnt care. All I wanted to do was get checked out and then go to see how the boys were doing. I could figure this crazy mess of a situation out later, once i was sure everyone that actually meant anything to me was okay. I let out as frustrated sigh just as I caught glimpse of paul standing outside the boys room. "ok you can run your tests now!" i said while flailing my arms. "good. Cynthia will be relieved." he said and nodded towards a waiting doctor with a syringe and clipboard. "Oh and while we're tying up loose ends, do you know why my chef is here?" I asked, kind of already knowing the answer. "I'll look into it" he said with a sigh and trudged down the hall as I was escorted in the opposite direction. I had a feeling he was getting as tired of this whole game as I was. After all, he was head security of a boy band, not the CIA, this was way above his pay grade...and way above my stamina.

An hour  and many trips to the bathroom later, the drugs were all out of my system and I had received an update that jack would make a full recovery. I told everyone to go home and after 20 minutes of bargaining, it was just me, the boys and jack that remained in the hospital. Oh and about 20 police officers outside the door. I walked into the boys hospital room and took a seat quietly in a dark corner. I couldnt tell who was asleep and who wasnt and I didnt want to wake any of them, even though it was killing me not to run up to everyone one and give them a big hug. I watched them silently, like the creeper I am, until I heard a horse voice from one of the corner beds. "marina? is that you?" he asked as I quickly ran to him and grabbed his face tight. "Yes, I'm here" I said looking into harry's green eyes. "I missed you" he said and pouted. I laughed slightly and was overcome with joy and sadness at the same time. I leaned down to him and hugged him close. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, strong as ever. "your ok haz?" i asked with big eyes, I wasnt going to believe it until I heard it from him. "yes, love" he laughed, "I promise". I nodded but didnt let go of him and I could tell he sensed my sadness. "its not your fault" he said sternly as I remained silent. "I'm not going to try to reason with you.  We both know you're very smart and extremely strong," he said into my ear but with an unbudging tone. "you are not one of those people who falls into an endless hole of self-pity and blame. you have to get back up and you will, because thats who are and thats why we love you." he said and let go of me, so I could look him in the eye. I was suddenly so overcome with emotion, all I could do was nod. But it wasnt sadness I felt, no it was much more primal, it was strong and it was me. I was Marina Merritt and I could do anything, including love and including sanity. Which, as of five minutes ago, I was pretty sure I had lost. "you're right harry...thank you" I said with a genuine smile. "I'm Harry Styles, of course i right." he said with a smirk. I sat on the edge of his bed and made myself comfortable. "so now that we have that out of the way...what exactly happened?" I asked, twiddling my thumbs.  "oh boy this could take awhile!" he said and recounted every detail he remembered from the whole escapade. Starting from Niall bursting into the room with my crushed phone to zayn hitting a woman over the head with a coffee pot, who I pieced together was clarisse, she did say she got greedy and im sure my dad was going to pay her off for helping him kidnap me. "and after Niall told us where to go, louis and I headed off to find out who was flying the plane...or about to atleast. Turns out it was some regular old pilot! Who had no idea what was going on from his sound proof cockpit" harry said with wild hand motions. "but everyone's ok?" I asked, "no permanent damage?" "no I dont believe so, Im pretty sure lou is just in here because he has a flair for the dramatic and liam followed because he's a good daddy directioner! Zayn got hit pretty hard in the stomach, but I heard the doctor say he has minor bruising and thats it and as for me, I couldnt leave the lads." he concluded. "and Niall?" I asked pretty much biting my nails with anticipation. "The doctor said he passed all the tests they gave him, but he has a mild concussion. He'll need to be looked after for a couple days and thats all......but Marina, Niall....he was brave, when we we'rnt and it wouldnt be fair to not give him the credit he deserves..although I'm pretty sure he wouldnt take it anyway." he scoffed as I looked over to the sleeping blond irish man in the next bed. "you were very brave too haz" I cooed and pecked his lips lightly. He smiled as his eyelids began to look very heavy, as heavy as mine felt! "why dont you get some sleep? I'll be here in the morning" I said and pulled the covers over him as he nodded and began a light snore.  I left harry and walked around to the other boys, making sure they looked alright, for my own sake atleast. I couldnt wait until everything got back to normal...well as normal as being best friends with can One Direction can be atleast.... When I reached Niall's bed, I stood silently, peering down at his soft features. How could someone be so brave? So willing to give up their own life for the sake of others. We hadnt even known eachother for what? Like two months? I know he affected me deeply, but did I do the same to him, and so greatly? I quietly pulled up a chair next to his bed and sat down, I wasnt leaving...I never would. I had barely spoken to Niall about what happened to him, but I had sure heard enough from everyone else to know that what he did was...unimaginable and for the life of me I couldnt figure out why. I leaned over Niall and gently kissed his forehead before setting back in my chair and succumbing to sleep.