chapter 6

So question! Who do u wanna see marina end up with??

I hadnt seen my mom in over 8 years, i hadnt smelled her floral perfume, I hadnt seen her long blond hair just like mine and I certainly hadn't received a letter from her. But I could I feel her, all around me. The truth was, i told zayn a lie because it was so much easier for me to believe she was dead rather than just a terrible person. Niall came close to me and read the letter aloud, " I will come for her." he read. he gave me a concerned look when I didnt move a muscle. That was all it said but that was all it needed to say. I knew know why jack had been there and why the door was unlocked. He wasnt here just to protect the boys....he was here to protect me. Another realization hit me, my mother had been in the house, at almost the same time I was. I suddenly crumpled to the floor and Niall caught me. " Always having to catch you when you fall, huh merritt?" he said in a low tone. I grabbed onto him for dear life and buried my face in his chest. He held me, although I knew He didnt understand why. We sat there for a moment before my rational side took over and our moment was gone.  I looked up at his incredibly blues eyes and felt safe if only for a moment. "Marina... I hate to see you hurting." he said while holding me tighter. Did he care for me that much? I was so lost and confused but I knew i had to keep it together, if not for me then for him. "how...how are you not upset?" he said quizzically, when he noticed my dry eyes, " Ive been hurt too many times to count Niall and what doesnt kill me, only makes me stronger." i said honestly.  he picked us both up we walked out of the room and locked it behind us. I still had the letter but I figured I would come up with some excuse if jack asked. "Marina" niall began again " who wrote that?" should I tell him? the thought ran across my mind. I mean if he cared about me so much to be upset then shouldn't I trust him? "my..my mother, Niall" he looked confused, he hadnt been there when I told zayn the lie so for all he knew my mother was just on some long, extended vacay, which actually you could call it that.  " my mother went insane when I was nine" i began, " My father sent her to an insane asylum ....because she tried to kill me."  i said it quickly and quietly and when i was done I sucked in a breath so deep I thought i would pass out. Niall just stared at me and asked one simple question "what did she look like?" what kind of question was that!  I just told him my own mother tried to kill me and he asks if she was hot or not!?!? " well.." i began with clenched teeth " she umm has long blonde hair like mine and blue eyes instead of green and shes much shorter than me" i said. he nodded and I continued " at least thats what she looked like 8 years ago.."  " marina... im so sorry"  he said as we walked down the dark, silent hall. " Zayn should have never asked you.. I should have never asked you.." he said looking ashamed. " Niall... its alright, I have never told anyone before and i think you helped me." I said feeling proud for not crying in front of him. " If that," he said pointing to the letter clutched in my fist " was written by your mum, what does it mean?" he said sounding extremely worried. " I have no idea, but I think Ive given you enough of my secrets for one day, horan" i said flirtatiously. " O c'mon just one more?" he said as he pushed me up against the door to my room and placed his hands on either side of my head. Just as his lips were about to brush mine, harry ran from his room in just his boxers and screamed my name "marina!!!!" he yelled and Niall jumped back so fast he hit the other side of the small hallway.  "yes harry?" i said laughing, even though i was stil shaken up. " I neeeeedddd yoooouuuu" he whined like a child although it was incredibly cute. " i will be there in a minute" i said and he glanced to niall and gave him a dirty look as he closed his door behind him. " what was that about?" I asked niall. " o harry just has a little crush" he grumbled and began to walk away. " wait, naill" i said  he turned toward me as a I whispered " my secret..." "is between me and you, love" he said as he kissed me on the cheek sweetly and added, " and I wont let anyone hurt you".

It was comforting to know I had two body guards now instead of none but as I walked into my room to find a place to put the letter, i couldnt help but freak a little. My mother was coming for me? did that mean she was going to take me away? kidnap me? or just finish the job and kill me? My mother is in solitary confinement for a reason, ya know! or at least she was... And on top of all that, i still had the boys to worry about! what was their not-so eminent danger? and when would it come? not to mention I had lied to zayn and almost kissed niall! I decided that I would tell Zayn the truth in the morning and confront Niall later, because right now, i had a shirtless, whining, harry styles saying he needed me. Nothing like that to take your mind off a pyscho mother eh? I trotted down the hall and into harry's room quietly. All the lights were off and I fumbled around in the dark " harry?" i whispered. Suddenly a warm pair of arms enveloped me from me behind and harry buried his face in my neck, my most sensitive spot. It sent shivers up my spine and harry noticed too, " are you cold?" he said, again sounding like a child and leading me to his bed. "no its just that im ticklish" i said before realising what i had done. Now two of them know! good going marina! He smiled and before i knew it he was on top of me. he pinned me down with his legs and was tickling me so hard I thought I would pee myself. " harry!" i gasped " stop it!" i said. "  o harry ahhhhhhh!!" all of the sudden liam burst through the door with a flustered look and harry stopped but didnt move off of me. " o thank god!" he said in a hushed tone. " I thought..obscene things were going on in this room, do you know what the other boys would do to you if they over heard that!" he said now directing his attention toward harry, but all he did was smile. " Im sorry liam" i said out of breath still, " but harry attacked me". " o I dont blame you marina, if harry syles wants something, he'll get it." he began, "just keep it PG in here, kids!" he said with a wink and closed the door. I turned toward, harry still straddling me. " what would the other boys do? and what do you want?" i said completely confused. He rolled off me and pulled me close to him on his bed. "the other boys would be upset" he said simply. i left it at that because i wasnt sure I wanted to know why or what he wanted. " now harry, you cant go tell the boys about me being ticklish ok?" i said hoping he would comply. " O never!" he said with fake sincerity and i hit him playfully, " im serious! and what was it you needed me for, anyway?" i said.  "company" he said slowly moving toward me with those beautiful lips close to mine.  What was i doing! Niall had almost kissed and now harry! I sat up quickly, not sure what to do. he looked confused and I decided to be honest, " I know what you are doing, harry! and im not sure how i feel about it... yet" " is it because of the other boys?" he said and I couldnt bring myself to say yes so i just bit my lip and he got the message. I stood to walk away but he pulled me back down and I leaned into his muscular chest. "let me know when you do" he said and kissed my cheek ever so lightly. I left him and all but near collapsed onto my bed when I reached my room. it had been a long day filled with tours, tickles and torments and I was done!