Chapter 8

The atmosphere at Costantini's was what made it one of the most sought after restaurants in the city. With its quiet and very private setting along with the nice home like atmosphere and fantastic food; it was a place where people could meet to converse without being interrupted and also wanted a little privacy while dining out. Edgar had only been here three times before, one reason was because of the wait list to make reservations, but the price of the food also had something to do with it as well. As he and Tuck walked in, the maître d' met them before they even had a chance to take off their coats.

     "Sir Norsberg is waiting," he said, snatching their coats from them, "Please follow me."

     The two men followed the maître d' as he led them past all the usual tables and towards the most expensive and private room in the building. In there sipping on a small glass of dry white wine was Sir Nigel Norsberg. The old man seemed to be in a pleasant mood as he waved and gestured the men join him at the table to join him.

     "It is so nice to see you again," Norsberg said, as the two men sat down. The old man then turned his attention to the maître d', "Thank you for your hospitality. We'd like a little privacy."

     The maître d' made a slight bow and then closed the doors on his way out. Edgar wasn't even aware that the place had private rooms, but Norsberg seemed to be on the A list in order to get it on such short notice.

     "I'm sure you are both very curious to why I have called you here." Norsberg continued, "But I suggest we all eat first then we'll talk business. I've taken the pleasure in ordering for you. I remember what you guys had the last time you where here; I hope you don't mind."

     "Of course not," Tuck said, tossing a napkin on his lap. "I'm flattered that you remember what we ordered."

     "It was hard not to forget," Norsberg replied, "Mr. Willis ordered the most expensive items on the menu."

     A few moments later, they were served their amazing entrees. It smelled great and tasted even better, but several bites into their delectable pastas Edgar couldn't help himself.

     "I'm sorry Norsberg," Edgar started, "but curiosity is getting the best of me. I was under the impression that we would never hear from you again and yet here we are eating a great meal, your treat of course."

     "Of course," Sir Norsberg agreed with a grin, "I knew this would be a good peace offering so that I can hire you to do a job for me. I thought this setting might also be necessary since I'm under the impression this particular job might require a little arm twisting to get you on board."

     "You see," Edgar said as he was munching on a piece of magnificent Brushetta bread, "He's here to smooch us up for something big. What happened to make you want to seek us out?"

     "I can't help but agree with Edgar." Tuck said, sipping his wine, "Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that we're talking again. I also appreciate the second chance and hope that this case will prove to you that the last time was a fluke."

     "Glad to hear it boys," Sir Norsberg said, draining what was left of his glass. "That was exactly the kind of attitude I was hoping to get from the both of you. Especially since I thought you were going to reject my proposal regardless of how much money I offered."

     "What made you think we might reject your offer?" Tuck asked, his curiosity also getting the best of him.

     "Well, you were less than receptive when Ms. Johnson brought it to your attention a few days ago." Norsberg said, sitting back and waiting for the light bulbs turn on above their heads.