Chapter 12: A mother never forgets

Start from the beginning

Her thoughts were cut short when my face came directly in front of hers and captured her lips. She gave no resistance as I laid her back down and let her hands roam my toned chest. I flinched slightly when she brought one of her hands over a new scar I received during sparring. I was still getting used to Gunhild touching me in a sexual or heated manner like this, but she understood my tension completely since it brought back horrible memories of me being raped. Usually when a person goes through an experience like that, they think of home or a loved one to take their mind off the horrible pain inflicted upon them.

I didn't have anyone, besides Toothless at the time.  All I thought about was the pain of the words of humiliation and torment thrown my way, each punch and each time I was raped by Snotlout and Tuffnut.

But looking into Gunhild's ocean blue eyes, I could see genuine love in them for me. She wanted to be my escape every time I suffered from bad memories of my time on Berk.

She gently rolled us over, so she was now straddling me, running her hands over my newly inflicted scars, causing me to flinch each time she ran her hand over a new one. She noticed that they were unintentional flinches; even my hands momentarily reaching up to stop her seemed second nature to her. She wanted me to feel safe with her and that she could comfort me every time nightmares of my terrible past would crop up.

She guided her lips over each scar on my chest and stomach, feeling the hard, toned and rough skin leave its imprint on her lips— at the same time imagining the pain I must have felt when the cold Danish steel would slash across my body.

Her warm exhales brought a sense of comfort and security that I could only dream of. Watching her treat me like a delicate flower reminded me why I fell in love with her again. She was capable of displaying limitless amounts of compassion and care.

"King Haddock!"

Gunhild ceased her loving kisses and I growled due to the interruption, the doors of our chamber opened to reveal two of my bodyguards, I glared daggers at them and ordered them to avert their eyes from Gunhild's half nakedness. They did so immediately and I caressed Gunhild's firm and strong thighs before speaking to my bodyguards. "What is it?" I asked in a harsh tone, one of the guards spoke up with his head still bowed. "Lord, there is a woman here for you, she rides a dragon we've never seen before."

I regrettably pry Gunhild off my body and I approach the guards and ask. "A woman?" Both guards lift their heads to face me and nod in confirmation. "Yes Lord Haddock. This woman claims to be... your mother." My heart ceases to beat for at least four seconds, I then pull out a long knife strapped to my leather pants and press the cold steel to the guards throat, the man gasps in fear and swallows thickly as I bare my teeth at him. "What sick game is this?" I demand, the guard in question shakes his head at me and quickly responds. "W-With respect Lord Haddock... she looks very similar to you and has similar qualities you possess."

Gunhild who wrapped herself in a sleek black rope approached me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "I thought your mother was dead." She said, I turned to her and replied back. "I need to see this." I then remove my knife from the guards throat and grab a black robe and throw it over my toned body and order the guards to take me to this... woman who claims to be my long dead mother.

(Ten minutes later)

As me and my two bodyguards moved along the halls of the castle, the guards jogged towards a massive door and opened them for me to pass through, when the doors were opened, I laid eyes on a tall, lithe and beautiful mid aged woman who wore strange looking armor. She wore orange war paint across her eyes and a thin layer of it under her eyes as well, she has hollow cheekbones, she had blue eyes, auburn hair that was done in three long braids that reached her tail bone, and by the look, she appeared to be in her early forties. She then slowly approached me and I could see tears swimming in the woman's eyes.