Chapter 11.5

Douglas Coleman's POV

"So I told him that he could put that deal right up his white, wrinkly ass!" A boisterous and most likely damn near drunk Mr Kennedy McCarthy.

He is a middle aged, pale skinned, beer bellied man, who has more alcohol than blood running through his veins and has gone through so many girlfriends and wives that I have lost count.

He is on his third flute of champagne and I have a feeling he is just warming up.

I don't like the man.

But he is an extremely wealthy investor.

He rambles on to me about the same story he always tells about his adventures as a young businessman from the south, who made his way to the top of the industry, by telling his boss his piece of mind, blah, blah, blah!

I ignore him mid-sentence, as he drones on and on and on.

I'm just about to lose my mind when I catch a swift movement near the entrance.

I look and see that Katherine has entered the room and is closely followed by someone else.

My jaw drops.

^^Temah's outfit

^^Temah's outfit.

I knew that the dress would look good on her...

But I didn't think it would look that good!

The African printed dress fits her body perfectly.

Her golden accessories make her dark skin glow and her makeup is done perfectly.

She looks beautiful.

All eyes are on her, some jealous and some lustful.

She scans the crowd and her eyes stop on mine.

My heart skips and my mouth feels dry as she starts to walk over to me.

She walks across the room confidently, hips naturally swaying and her skin almost glowing.

Her thick glossy lips are curved into a small smile, her eyes bright with curiosity.

"Sir" She says.

Before I can get a word out, Kennedy turns to her and grins so widely you can see his rotting molars.

"Douglas! You never told me that your girl was such a pretty little thing!" He says, his loud southern accent beginning to annoy me.

Temah holds out her hand.

"Temah Amoah, sir. I'm Mr Coleman's assistant." She says cooly.

He grabs her hand and arm with his meaty paws and shakes it.

"If you were my assistant, I don't think I'd get very much work done, heh!" he says suggestively, eyebrows raised and his face a little smirk.

She grimaces slightly and pulls her arm out of his grasp.