Chapter 10

Temah Amoah's POV.

^^Temah's outfit

^^Temah's outfit.

I walk into work on Monday morning with my both of my brothers, having given me a firm warning the weekend before, not to get into any trouble.

I refused to tell them about the phone call, but my sisters have been teasing me about it non-stop.

I say hello to Crystal and then step into the elevator, nervousness sitting in the pit of my stomach.

When I get to the floor, I step out of the elevator and walk into my office, peeling off my jacket.

I settle into the desk and get to work, starting up my laptop.

While I wait on it to load, I get up and go into the common room to get a cup of coffee.

When I get there, I see a couple other employees, Bryce among them.

He is speaking to one of the ladies on his team about a piece of typed up work and he is listening intently, giving her advice on what to change.

She's a light skinned lady with long brown curls to her back and light freckles on her face. Her petite frame makes her look like almost delicate.

She seems to take his advice, but is drooling over him a little, not even hiding her attraction to him, playing with her hair and making eyes at him, laughing after every other sentence.

He steps back slightly after the third giggle, trying not to grimace and then looks up to see me.

A wave of obvious relief washes over his face and he excuses himself, walking up to me and giving me a small hug.

I see the girl that Bryce was speaking to giving me a deep scowl, so I smile back and give her a 'smug' wink.

She can think what she wants.

She rolls her eyes and walks off, haughtily.

"Hey, Temah how was your weekend?" He asks, letting me pull away to look at him.

"Oh you have no idea" I joke and turn to the coffee maker which is filled with dark and rich smelling coffee, making me happier than I probably should be at the sight of a caffeinated beverage.

Bryce opens the cupboard and takes out a mug from the top shelf, handing it to me, before he takes out a mug for himself.

I wash the mugs and pour the coffee into them.

I add sugar to mine as well as a little bit of milk and watch in pure confusion and slight discomfort as Bryce just picks up his mug and drinks it like that.