Cleo and Anubi come to realize June's power

Cleo: Oof

Anubi: You really seem to have lost your touch

Cleo: No duh, I only had our second kid just five months ago. Can you cut me some slack when I'm trying to work off this fat?

Kefer: You two might want to come and see what's happening in the council room.

Cleo: Why? What happened this time?

Kefer: Follow me

Once we arrived at the council room, I could've sworn I jumped back several feet at the sight I saw before me. The council room was in a mess and the regents were all a mix of shocked, angry and amazed. In the middle of that very same council room was my 6 year old daughter, June, waking up from an afternoon nap.

June: Where am I? What happened here? How did I get here?

I was both relieved and curious as to how this whole situation occurred. I was relieved that June was fine and dandy, and curious as to how she got here and why.

June: I thought you two were training. Why are you here?

Cleo: Kefer came to collect us. He said that we needed to see something and when he showed us this, well . . .

Anubi: We were greeted with this. Do you remember what you were doing before you woke up?

June: I was playing with my dolls that Mum had made for me and felt sleepy. I find that strange because I never get tired when I play with the dolls. The next thing I remember is waking up here in the messy council room.

You could feel the tension and shock between everyone in the room without a word. And no one had to. It was that bad that I could've sworn that I could actually hear Leo back on earth. I was just as surprised as anyone else in that very room with me.

June: Why are you making such a strange face?

Cleo: No reason. I need to privately chat with your father and Ramses for a bit. In the meantime, can you help everyone else with the cleaning? Don't comment, Seth.

June: Okay!

I escorted the two boys out of the room and further down the hall as to be out of ear-shot from everyone else.

Cleo: Is there something I should know about, June. Tell me what I need to know, and your beatings may be lightened by 30 percent.

Them: . . .

Cleo: The beating is starting to look like an option and that's not helped by the fact that the percentage is increasing at an upwards speed of 50 percent. You may as well be as good as dead by the looks of it.

Anubi: What do you want us to tell you?

Cleo: What do think shapeshifter? Tell me what's going on June that causes her to have blackouts and making a mess of things. She shouldn't be having them at six years of age. She's way too young to have them.

Ramses: We're not good with that science stuff. You may have to talk with Osiride about that.

Cleo: Where is the man?

Anubi: Where he always is.

Cleo: Don't get smart with me, Anubi. I still have strong words for both you and Ramses.

~ ~ ~ ~

Osiride: Given that both of you are the parents of June and your five month old son, Steven, the possibility that both of your kids will have shape-shifting powers like Anubi will be about fifty percent. Given that the genes from both parents will be passed on to the kids.

Cleo: I know the biology behind genes, Osiride. All I want to know is why and how June fell asleep while playing with her dolls, and woke up in the middle of a messy council room.

Osiride: June has your appearance and some of your personality traits. It's possible that she could have some of the powers that Anubi has.

Cleo: That doesn't explain why she fell into a deep slumber, and has no recollection of the events that occurred in the council room.

Osiride: It's most likely that her body couldn't handle the ability, and chose to shut down her body to make way for the shape-shifting to occur.

Cleo: How can that explain the messy council room that I witnessed minutes before?

Osiride: I'm finding the answer to that now

Cleo: Thanks, Osiride.

When Cleo found herself back in the council room, the room was spotless and didn't have anything more to say on what matters had occurred earlier. She just hoped that this event was a one off thing and that things will be back to normal.

'I wonder what Steven's going to be like' Cleo pondered

~ 7 Years Later ~

It was June's thirteenth birthday and she felt just as lonely as she had felt on her twelfth. The reason she felt this way, was all due to her abilities to shape-shift into creates that people were afraid of. It was like she had transformed into the persons own worst nightmare and her reputation soon had become the same as her shape-shifting. Scary and unwanted.

*knock* *knock*

June: Come in.

Cleo: Happy birthday, June. Are you feeling okay? You haven't come out of your room in days and we're starting to get worried about you.

June: Am I a freak?

Cleo: Where is this coming from? What's making you feel this way?

June: People are scared of me and I don't have any friends.

Cleo: It's there loss if they can't see you as the beautiful and kind girl I see. You'll always be my princess, June.

June: Thanks, Mum

Cleo: Come on then, everyone's waiting for you.

They entered the throne room, and everyone had cheered happy birthday for the now 13 year old girl.