Chapter 21: Carnation

Brought by the plight of waiting came impatience. Perhaps even an eagerness, rather a panic of nervous trepidation. In the accompaniment of this, Naruto found himself in terror, yet, thrill wracking his spine in short shivers. Beside him, were the comforting figures of Kou alongside Wakaba, neither omega's looking closely unto him -as protocol demanded. Although, he was rather convinced such a placement of rule had been applied mainly for the sake of nudity not being shared among fellows.

As taught, he had been stripped of clothing, standing bare upon the side of the waterfall nearest the settlement of Konoha.

In preparation for a traditional Uchiha Shinto ceremony, one must bathe within the fresh waters, cleansing oneself from any stain previously tarnishing the skin. A precautionary implemented for the Uchiha, moreso then the omega joining the clan. An act in representation of cleansing oneself from bloodshed, while the future bride or wife would do this to wipe clean from sexual sin. Certainly a rather one-sided ideal, though one Naruto had found himself adhering in respect to the future clan he would hold particular governance over.

Perhaps in vain, there was hope it would aid his shaking mind. Moreover, the ritual contained the easing comfort of not having to touch his own skin until the wedding night. Of course, as implied; only his new husband would gain such a right, himself following by progression thereafter. The very act of straying from one's own skin, furthered and maintained the want for purity from the bride as designed in the ceremony.

His companions were designated as both supervisors of proper conduct -overseeing his purity by making well that no rule was neglected.- Naruto did have doubt that -as an Alpha- Madara would be forced into such scrutinous oversight, as being provided effective chaperones. While, Kou, in his usual manner, came pleasant as a friend of intimacy. By him, Wakaba wore upon her a stern disposition towards tradition presented by serious expression. Normal personality replaced by one reflective of Tsunade, a political presentation of self. An uptaken persona he had been made aware of when speaking to Kou mere hours previous; as stated, Wakaba remained a stringent woman of tradition in regard to omegas in the home, or Uchiha ritual. Her change of self, was therefore expected.

This, he hastened to ignore, as by demand, she was here mainly to aid him in preparing, not in acting as a chaperone. Due to traditionalist law: he could not and would not, partake in any means of labour just prior to marriage. Meaning that, dressing himself or his hair was unacceptable, and a job best given to -as quoted by an elder scroll: 'fellow omegas already married within the clan, and certainly never a task to be done by an alpha regardless of friendship or marital status.' While slighting unto any friendships he had procured in past, there was no need for protest as the irritation did not particularly apply.

In running nervous fingers through his hair, he discovered -with questionable surprise,- that his hair had grown quite far. Down below the shoulder blades, and in looking, the strand lacked any visual sign of their normal spiked nature.

The bathing remained a short affair, as he had never partaken in intercourse, yet the water still fell cold and piercing on the skin. Some sensitive scars feeling more then desired. Though he was ushered out and made to slip on a light yakima of white and yellow. This too, was considered traditional; the belief was, the white represents purity reborn, while yellow was construed as both good luck unto the couple, and a symbol of a happy bride. As the Hokage had jokingly stated, the Uchiha traditions were many, likely, Naruto surmised, because their clan was so audaciously old.

The blond knew little of what alpha instruction had Madara doing to prepare, other then being cleansed, not much information had been given. Upon asking, he had simply gained a response from Naori resembling frank dismissal. He had been informed, -grudgingly by an irate Wakaba,- that prior to ceremony a bride could not set eyes onto their future husband, in fear of glimpsing his battlescars. A conclusion he took with an express of confusion, for to him, battlescars should prove a person more worthy of matrimony, especially in an old era such as that of the Shodai Hokage.