one

"You mean the world to me"

♡♡♡

~TRIGGER WARNING; abuse.~

♡♡♡

Y/n POV
"Get up, now! You have 5 minutes to be down here before I leave without you shit face!"

I woke up to the lovely words of my older (by two minutes) brother, Ryan. I groaned before rolling out of bed, landing on my feet and stumbling to the bathroom.

I quickly showered and brushed my teeth before exiting my bathroom to find clothes to wear.

I decided to wear a black skirt with fishnet tights, a white hoodie - to hide the horrible looking scars on my arms - which I tucked into my skirt and black doc martens.

I put my hair up and grabbed my phone as well as my backpack before walking down the stairs. As I reached the bottom of the stairs I was greeted with a slap from my step dad, James. I winced slightly before running out the house and into my brother's car, i quickly put my hood up so I could hide the red mark which my step dad had left.

There was no actual reason for the abuse I received from James, he just despised me. Perhaps it was because i look much too like my mother. 

Ryan looked at me in confusion before starting his car and driving us to school. I held back the tears which were threatening to spill from the stinging of the slap.

Ryan doesn't know about the abuse I get from our step dad. I don't want him to know. He shouldn't have to worry about me more than he already does. I already have too many problems.

Ryan is the only person who can help me. He's the only person that matters to me.

~bAcK sToRy~
Our dad left us as soon as I was born, we had no way of contacting him. For all we know, he could be dead.

After he left our mum met our step dad. They got married a few years later, though their relationship wasn't the best.

They got into several arguments, one night it got so bad. I was so scared that I went into Ryan's room, panicking because my anxiety got the best of me.

Later that night we heard our mum shout "I'm leaving, we're done. Don't try to contact me for whatever pathetic excuse you come up with." And with that she walked out on us. We haven't heard from her since.

It was much like or father, really, we had no way of contacting her. we had tried calling and texting her, only to find none of our messages would send, our calls would always go to voicemail.

and who knows what she's doing now? She clearly didn't care about us enough, otherwise she wouldn't have walked out and abandoned us the way she did.

We were forced into the care of James, the few family relatives that knew of us didn't want anything to do with us. So we had no escape.

~pReSeNt TiMe~
I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt Ry place a hand on my shoulder. I jumped slightly and tensed before realising that it was just my brother. I sighed and turned to face him, realising we're in the school car park.

"Jellybean, are you okay? You seem a bit out of it, not to mention that you look like you're about to cry. Talk to me."

Jellybean has been one of my nicknames since I was little. I've always been obsessed with jellybeans, they're just so good. So Ryan decided to name me after my favourite thing.

I turned away so that he wouldn't see my - most likely - bruised face.

"It's nothing Ry, I'm fine. Just not in the mood for anything today." I mumbled.

My voice and hands were shaky, it was obvious that Ryan knew something was up. And him being the stubborn ass that he is, didn't give up.

"Please, talk to me. I'm your brother, you can trust me with anything. I care about you, you know? You mean the world to me, Star."

I looked at him and pulled my hood down, revealing the most recent bruise on my face. Tears escaped my eyes. I looked up to his glossy and shocked eyes.

"Y/n, what happened? Who did this to you?" He was calm, yet I could tell he was majorly pissed.