Waking:4

How are all my lovely friends and fans today? Hope your good and here's the second half of chapter 3, sorry if I'd realised it was going to be this short, I would have put the two pieces together! Hope it answers some questions, or makes you ask more! (it is meant to be mysterious:))

P.S I added Many of Horror by Biffy Clyro on this chapter and Welcome to the Black Parade on Dream3. Make sure you listen to both because they are both completely amazing!

*******************************************************************

WAKING:PART 2

4

No. It was a simple word. But it controlled her life, her existence, her world.

No, she would not forget. She never would. Those days, those years, they had been better than she could ever have imagined. Even if they were now gone, like the last frost melting in the morning sun, they would always remain in her memories. No-one could take them away from her. But even as she thought it she realised that those memories should be gone by now. Were they going to fade too? Was she still holding onto something that could never be hers?

She asked Dakota, the tears welling in her eyes. They couldn't be gone. If they were gone then she was all alone. She didn't think she could bare the thought of living through the years to come, the lifetimes that came with the night, without even a whispered memory of what she had lost.

"Hold on, Di. We don't always forget." What? There was a chance. Dakota had just shown her the last chance.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what I said. I think you Chose." Again, that word. How could that small word mean so much to her? Dakota saw her confusion.

"When someone has a good life, and I don't just mean good, I mean the best life ever, and they are happy with it just the way it is, then they can Choose when they die. They can Choose to never forget. I think that maybe you were so content with your life that Chose to remember, to always keep the best part of your existence close to your heart."

Was Dakota right? Had she Chosen to remember? Memories showed her again that blinding light, the awful pain.

Her refusal.

She had Chosen.

So what were the consequences?