Dream:2

This is part two, it's a little bit longer and I hope you like it. Please comment and follow me, I love to know what people think of my work!

***

Thorn woke up to find Caleb gently shaking her awake. It was still dark through the broken window above her bed, but the eastern sky showed hints of the new day.

"Come on gorgeous, Blizzard's found something on the chip you stole. Something you might want to see." Thorn sat up groggily, the world spinning. Caleb caught her before she fell, laughing his sweet, sweet laugh. She changed quickly and they walked down to the control room hand in hand.

The hallways of the abandoned hotel passed them quickly, the smell of must and times long gone filling the air. Although the building looked fragile, the walls were in fact bulletproof and the structure could withstand even a bomb attack. The government treated their top agents well, providing them with the securest headquarters in existence. But they need to work on appearances.

They stepped down into the basement and found the others already there, sat around Blizzard's main computer, a monster of a thing with a screen that took up one whole wall. It was his prize possession.

"Good, you guys are here, we can get started" Blizzard began pushing buttons on a keyboard about three times the size of your average one. Vida's large bright eyes followed his every move, probably memorizing the keystrokes. She had a strange habit of remembering everything she saw. It could get annoying when everyone around you was amazing at what they did. But if you were good too it didn't really matter.

Thorn looked around the room, which was warm with the power of live technology. Ten years ago she hadn't even imagined any of this could possibly exist. But one call from the government and a group of men in suits had changed everything.

She had been chosen. For various reasons, reasons not even the man in the White House could explain as she had stood there, a very confused and scared fifteen year old. But that hadn't stopped her accepting his offer.

Now she didn't even know where her family was. She had had no contact with them in all that time. 'For security reasons' had been the only answer whenever she asked. Thorn still missed her old friends and her family, her life back when she had been... whoever that girl had been. Because that girl was dead now.

"Done!" Blizzard announced happily. The screen hummed into life and a picture appeared on it's surface in perfect detail, so much so that Thorn could see the individual blades of grass of... a field.

"Dude, that's a field" Seth said out loud what they were all thinking. The field in question wasn't particularly interesting, it was green and empty, with the odd cow here and there and an overgrown hedgerow all the way round it. Like most fields in the country.

"As much as I hate to agree with Seth, but Blizzard, what the hell has this go to do with anything?" Caleb looked just as confused as Thorn felt.

"Oh this isn't just a field, it's The Organization's headquarters." That got their attention. Surely not THE Organization. Not the one they had been chasing for the last five years, trying to find their secret. The secret that could change the entire world.

For a few seconds there was a shocked silence. Blizzard had a look of triumph on his face. Then... pandemonium. Seth whopped with happiness. Vida let out a squeal of delight and hugged Blizzard, making them both blush. Caleb laughed with pure joy, a laugh that set Thorn's heart racing. He pulled her close and kissed her on the cheek.

Thorn felt a smile creep across her face as the pure realisation of what it all meant hit her. They were nearly there. All the weeks of crouching in the rain doing surveillance, all the hours and hours of hacking, the years of putting up with Seth... it was nearly over.

Maybe, just maybe they would let her go home now. Or she could send a letter to her family, just to let them know she was alive, she was okay. Or maybe she and Caleb could finally settle down and have a family, something they'd wanted to do for a while now. Just maybe.

Just maybe, they were nearly there.