"Bring him here."

"As you wish, Grandmaster."

The footsteps slowly fades away, before Damien lets out a low grunt.

"If Trace Redfate says it is urgent, then..."

Jessica nodded without slowing down her preparation. On the contrary, her hands moved much faster than before. Jessica finally finished preparing her tools, and just as she was about to turn the fire on, two knocks came from the door once more.

"Grandmaster Jessica Artrost, it is me, Trace Redfate."

Jessica put down the flint in her hands and went to the door. She opened the door and saw Trace standing behind it with a grim look on his face. Something she never saw him do.

"Come in."

Trace bowed his head slightly before coming inside the room. After giving Damien a brief bow, Trace immediately put the satchel containing the gem on the table.

"I assume the two of you have heard of what the Venombloods did to our city?"

Jessica and Damien looked at each other before nodding. The air in the room became tense, and everyone felt like there is an invisible boulder on their shoulders. Trace took out the gem from the satchel, and put it on the desk.

"This is a Demon's Eye. A gem produced when a summoner and a beast fuses into one, or when a summoner was consumed by a beast's power."

A pained expression washed over Trace's face as he explained. He heaved a heavy sigh before returning the gem into the satchel.

"If used on a Summoner, it will exponentially expand their soul power, and it can even turn a Soulless into a Summoner... but..."

Trace shrugged, his mouth curling into a sad smile.

"What would happen is either you lose your humanity, or turn into a monster yourself."

Jessica approached the satchel with hesitant footsteps, and timidly peered into the satchel. Inside, she saw many ominous looking purple gemstone. She turned to Trace, a deep furrow on her eyebrows.

"How did you know all of this?"

Trace sighed through his nose before closing his eyes.

"That explanation can wait. Right now, I need your help in either destroying it, or refining it."

The room was filled with silence for a moment, before Damien lets out another low grunt, his sharp eyes focused on Trace.

"If you knew how to extract it, then you must know how to destroy them as well."

Trace slowly nods. He gave the satchel a brief glance before turning to Damien once again.

"If more people knew how to destroy or refine them, then events in the Venomblood's mansion will never happen again."

Damien closed his eyes for a moment before nodding.

"Then you can count on my help. If it is for the good of the city, then I will do everything in my power to aid you."

Damien turned to Jessica with a grin on his face. Seeing this, Jessica can only sigh as she scratched the back of her head.

"I will help you as well. Just tell us what we should do, and we will follow your instructions."

Trace closed his eyes, waves of emotions raging in him, as he bowed his head toward the two.

"Thank you..."