Chapter 47

Trace slowly picked himself up from the bed. A sigh of relief escaped his mouth as he moved his limbs.

"I suppose I need a little more time."

Trace turned to the two women standing by his side and returned their gentle smile.

"Again, it is great to see the two of you again."

Croff's cheeks turned to a deep red as her lips trembled. She lowered her head, as if she was afraid to look at Trace's face. Seeing this, Trace picked himself from the bed, and gently put his hands on Croff's shoulders.

"Croff? Are you hurt? Did you spend too much mana to heal me?"

Croff's head finally snapped up in a speed that would easily break a person's neck. She in turn put both of her hands on Trace's shoulders as her eyes glistened with lust and yearning.

"I apologize Grand Master, but I can hold it in no longer!"

Croff pushed Trace to the bed, and promptly buried her face on Trace's chest. Her arms slithered around his back with unbelievable strength.

"Grand Master... I long for this day to come!"

Croff began to take deep breaths as she started to plant soft kisses onto Trace's body. Although he still had his clothes on, Croff's kisses sent a pleasant sensation across his body. Croff pulled herself away from Trace and gazed into his eyes. Her eyes were unfocused and her breathing was heavy.

"Grand Master... I want it... I want it so badly!"

As Croff plunged toward Trace's unguarded lips, Ars grabbed onto her collar and dragged her away from Trace.

"Alright, that is enough for now."

Croff blinked several times before turning to Ars with a mixture of disappointment and confusion on her face.

"Why did you stop me Ars? Did you not want to do the same thing with the Grand Master?"

Ars snorted with her usual calm expression, and dropped Croff onto the ground. Croff landed on her feet and put both hands on her waist.

"I swear, you are not honest with yourself."

Croff turned to Trace, who now have a tired smile on his face, and bowed respectfully.

"I am at your disposal, Grand Master Trace. Use me as you will."

Trace nodded with a smile. He picked himself up from the bed, and looked out of the tent.

"How is the battle going? And why is Croff here? I did not remember summoning her."

Ars closed her eyes as she straightened her posture, her usual calm expression on her face.

"The enemy attacked once more the moment master were struck by the poisoned arrow. Kai, Ray and I managed to push them back with the help of master's companion."

Trace closed his eyes. A sad smile appeared on his mouth as he sighed.

"I see... so they..."

Ars nodded, before continuing her report.

"I was the one who offered your companion to form a temporary contract with Croff. They are currently resting because of mana deficiency. The responsibility lies with me."

"No, that's not entirely true."

The three turned to the voice to see Gilbert standing behind Croff.

"Yes, the tall lady here told us about a way to save you, but she did warn us about the risk. We chose to take that risk ourselves. So, if you want to get angry, get angry at us."