Chapter 01

Her arrogant figure swept her gaze through the trainees. There was pride in her eyes that swelled as she looked at the noble kids. Though, the difference was very obvious when she looked at those with lower stature; her prideful expressions turned into disgust as she glared at the patricians and the commoners. She took a moment before finally continuing her speech.

"I will be the one who will teach you how to train your mind and body as you improve your skills as a Summoner here." She arrogantly said to the trainees. "I have high expectations for the noble kids. I am sure you all have been given... special training equipment." The nobles pompously showed off their enchanted equipment. They varied: a bracelet, earrings, a necklace, and even a tooth. The commoners and patricians never met the nobles gaze. They could only spend so much time dreaming of holding an enchanted piece of cloth.

The training equipment they used was infused with strengthening magic, making it easier for them to develop their soul power. Those training equipment cost a fortune. The weakest one is 50 gold Sverd a piece and the strongest one is 5 platinum Sverd a piece. The patrician's treasury is normally around 70 gold Sverd per family, while the commoner's treasury is normally around 30 silver Sverd per family. Of course, there are peasants here in this city and they only have 50 bronze Sverd per family.

At the corner of the field, Trace stood and yawned as he listened to the nobles argue over the strongest or wisest. In his opinion, everyone have the same potential. Though he couldn't prove that in his last lifetime, he would do it now. He scanned the field and saw the Bloodburst brothers. They are curling their fists tighter until the palms drew blood. Their anger and jealousy was fed by the snorts and taunts that the nobles threw at them.

Trace looked at the nobles and the feeling of disgust seeped in like a plague. They laughed and snickered as they joyfully took in the lower class' sorrow. Trace bit his lips as he thought to himself, Not now... Not now... Trace saw Gilbert in another line. He look uninterested, but Trace noticed that Gilbert was tapping his foot. That usually meant that blood was starting to rise into his head. Iris cleared her throat and the attention of the whole field turned back to her.

"Settle down now! I will teach you all the basics about improving your soul. As you all know, there are seven elements in this world. Fire, water, earth, wind, lightning, darkness and light. There is only one technique in each element. I expect you all to train hard... even when you won't be as successful as others." Iris said while giving the lower class a quick glance. Trace rolled his eyes as he sighed. There's only one basic technique and if they repeat the basic technique over and over again, it won't be as effective as it is at first.

"Now, I will demonstrate what an Orange Sun Knight can do." She took out three piece of paper from the podium and pricked her finger. She smeared her blood into the paper and it started to glow as it took off with the wind. It was then followed by a bright light and the appearance of three monsters. It was two Einherjar-class monster and one Valkyrie-class monster. The crowd started to go wild. All but one person.

Trace looked at the monsters and rolled his eyes again. The three monsters she arrogantly showed off were nothing more than flies to him because he had seen much more than a few measly Valkyrie-class flies. Iris showed off her demons for a while before recalling them back into the papers. "You all will not be able to become as powerful as me, but do your best nonetheless. Of course, I am strong because I command the elements of fire, wind and lightning."

The trainees gawked and howled in amazement. Trace knew that those with three elements are not to be trifled with, but that doesn't mean they're invincible. They're just powerful, but not all-powerful. Wait until I reach the same rank as you. Which is probably soon.