6 - Macchiato

One morning, the sun completely embracing a city named Seoul, paired up with the clear blue sky that everyone longed for. It was winter, yes, chilly breeze still blasting after all. Contrasting to the weather, however, one condo seemed didn’t enjoy it. Its dark grey blackout curtain doing great job protected the whole floor from any light.

The alarm started beeping loudly. Made the owner of the condo automatically open her eyes. Several minutes were needed to gain herself. It was Saturday, thus she was cursing herself for not turned off the alarm last night. As her state of consciousness back, she began to realize she was not in her bed, and to feel some weight in her shoulder. Her arm became numb already as she saw a brunette haired girl sleeping soundly.

“God damn it! Tell me I’m not doing anything.”

Slowly, she pulled her arm and changed it with a cushion. Stared at the other girl that still slept in peace. Admiring every inch of the beauty. Then, her mind travelled back to last night, trying to prove her dirty mind was wrong. She was scanning herself and the living room also to prove it. No clothes around—they still wore it, no messy room, no hickey. A sigh of relief has been made, and a smile followed after.

“God, I’m clean.”

She began to clean her condo as she tied her ice blonde hair. However, she leave the curtain closed, every step also made lightly, she didn’t want to disturb her muse.

Moonbyul opened her fridge and pantry, trying to find something to cook. She didn’t fond of cooking actually, but occasionally? That’s ok. Thus, this was for Yongsun.

“Done!” her self-proud was all-over her face as she finished simple BLT sandwich. Before she went to the living room, Moonbyul brewed her espresso. Her morning routine. She would bought coffee for work—more efficient, but for weekends, that’s a no-no. As Moonbyul wait for her espresso, she glanced to Yongsun who was unbothered-ly sleeping. Smile never left her face though.

Moonbyul turned back to her espresso machine, as she noticed the pleasing smell slowly filled her nose. Moonbyul always loved this scent. Just then, the machine started to pour two shot of espresso. Instead of grabbing a glass of ice and water for her usual Americano, she began to make some milk foam and a small cup of chocolate. Changing her preferences perhaps means she got a life, once more.

It was almost 10 when she was done making her macchiato. She was walking toward the living room, put her cup down on the coffee table, and open the curtain widely. Finally the clear view of Han River and perfect blue sky could be seen perfectly.

Moonbyul sat beside Yongsun, stroking her hair carefully as her soft husky voice began to talk, almost whispering in Yongsun’s ear, “Kim Yongsun, wake up.”

The brunette girl began to move a little bit. Her eyes still closed yet she was stretching her body. “Ugh Yonghee unnie, I need more sleep.”

“Sorry miss, but your brunch is ready and I demand you to eat now.”

Yongsun widely awake as she heard the voice. This was not her unnie voice, nor her room. Instead, she found the manager sipping on her coffee next to her.

“Good morning, sunshine.”

***

“Have a good sleep uri ddun-i?”

A voice startled Yongsun. She just 10 walks away from Moon Byulyi’s building when she stopped. Found a familiar man with his metallic black Audi near the entrance. Somehow she regretted her decision not to stay longer. Couldn’t help it though, her sister worried a lot waiting for her. Or perhaps regretted the other option, being walked home by Byulyi.