4 - Starving

Seoul was such a busy town. It was 9:30 already, still, vehicles filled the roads, and people filled the sidewalk. Cannot complain, that was the common time for everyone commuting home. Either to the other place to continued their restless night. Or even to talk about their conditions.

Sipping on her hot macchiato with extra whipping cream as she glanced over her friend, "So... let me clear this up," she took a deep breath before continue, "He came last night? To the office? Asking you to suffer again? Hurt your wrist? Broke your phone?"

The ice-blonde girl only hummed as response. Her fingers embrace the warmth of her usual Americano. Eyes fixated down to the restless road. A lot of things were buzzing inside of her head, from work to love life to Heeyeon's mass questions.

"However, instead of questioning what Jin true intention was, your smart-ass brain was attached to that new editor?" Heeyeon turned, looked at the girl beside her in disbelieve.

"Yeah, I know right? Her appearance only alluring me to kept that pretty face in some restricted area of my brain and, and!" Byulyi also turned her head, cackling, "I can't help but do that."

Hani cackled along, "Such a weirdo you are! A psycho perhaps!" sipping her drink once again, "It might be a great morning news if titled 'The bi-ass editor, Moon Byulyi, blamed the innocent new worker for turning her gay once again, whereas it was her mind that dirty'."

"I'll root for your team to make it into the coffee break segment tomorrow,"

Then both of them burst out laughing. Laughed their jokes out loud. It was such a long time for them—especially Byulyi, blasting their amusement out like this. Months of suffering was more than enough. She seemed like would try to open up again. Love indeed made her life as roller coaster.

"Oh hey, I almost forgot this," Hani put her cup down as she reached her phone, "give me your new number."

"Oh, right."

"I hate to have you suddenly looking for me in the studio, in the morning, Moon. Such a mood breaker bitch you are."

Byulyi smirked, "You would missed me right away, anyway."

Hani shrugged. That was Byulyi. Body made out of butter, vessels filled with grease. Still couldnt believe she was obtained the title best friend even before they went into the very same company. Although their first encounter was a rough one, they ended up being high school mates—or duo, to be exact. One as a gorgeous heartbreaker, one as a cold princess charming. Surely, name worth its owner.

A brand new phone being taken out of Byulyi's coat. In time, Hani's phone was ringing. "There, there, save it."

"By the way, have you got her number yet?"

One sentence came out having Byulyi choked her Americano. Had it in mind to ask her number, or Kakao ID, but the blonde girl wouldn't bother to utter her mind. Such a fool, yes, her pride won over her not to ask first.

Heeyeon rolled her pastel purple orbs—she has been into contact lenses these days, as she nodded to Byulyi's expression-less face. Guess her expectation towards Byulyi's slow movement was right once again. Hani has gone through tough times—several times already, due to timid trait that her bitch has. Moon Byul-Yi will always be on non-aggressive category in the beginning, then turned into All-in type when she got it.

"Well, ask her number wont hurt, Moon."

***

As 2018 going to be met its end, no time to think the other matters. Perhaps Moon Byulyi's head only. As if it was working with magic, blocking every distraction that could lower her work performance. Even it has been a while since she met her friend. She would stayed in her desk with her sharp brownish orbs fixated to the screen for hours. Might got up if the head manager called her, or if she had a meetings.