Chapter 8: The Mark of a New Beginning

Heya! Like the new cover? If you couldn't tell, the two people there are Destiny and Fate.

If you have any criticism, tell me about it! I'd love to improve :]

Once again, silence fell upon them. Nobody made a squeak, as if in a trance or under a spell. The only noise was the faint wind, blowing dust and rubble across the rocky ground.
That was, until someone spoke.
"Aren't y-you going to defend yourself, Ink?" Dream said with a humorless chuckle. Disbelief filling his eyes.
Ink looked away, his sockets becoming devoid of his colorful eye-lights.
"Huh.. So that's how it is.." Dream wiped a few tears from the corner of his sockets, hatred lacing his next words. "So.. Did you have fun playing with us then?"
Ink perked up, his eyes returning. He stared at Dream, shivering at the frustration in the God of Positivity's voice. "I.."
"TELL ME INK." Dream yelled, tears streaming out of his sockets. "WERE WE JUST YOUR PAWNS THIS WHOLE TIME?!" He sobbed, covering his face with his golden gloved hands.
"At first.. You were. Your aura allowed me to feel for real.. It gave me emotions." Ink said with shame, still shivering. "These vials gave me temporary, fake feelings. But.." Ink tried to smile, "But you gave me happiness."

"..." Dream started to laugh, prying his hands off his face. "Haha.. Do you just expect me to forgive and forget so easily? Just because of my TITLE?" His laughing died down, nothing but sorrow and anger left on his face.
"I'm so sorry." Ink whispered. But before he could go any further, a familiar glowing arrow shot him between the ribs. He cried out in pain, but not one dared to move and help the creator.

               "It's a beautiful day outside.
      Birds are singing, flowers are blooming;
           On days like these, traitors like you...

           SHOULD BE BURNING IN HELL."

    It was only when Dream started to rush towards Ink, that he realized Error and Core were standing in his way. He stopped, huffing. Core was trying to heal Ink, while Error stood tall.

    "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! INK DESERVES HIS KARMA." Dream yelled, his face wet with tears.

    "We bOth know yOu dOn'T aCtually wAnt to HuRt him." Error sighed, putting his hands inside his pockets. "He's dOne some bAd, buT don't leT thAt bLInd your JudGemEnT."

    "...What do you mean? He admitted to using Dream for his aura." The StoryShift judge known as 'Choco' said.

    "But can you blame him?" Core said with a spiteful look. They clearly didn't want to help Ink, but was doing it anyway. "He didn't listen to Fate. But still, didn't Fate give up on telling him? He's at fault, but not completely."

    "ExacTly. ThaNks Frisk, I'll hAndlE this nOw." Error said, and in response Core disappeared.

    "P-Please.. before the vial's effects wear off.. Just know, I really am sorry..." Ink said, getting back onto his feet.

    "Temporarily." Dream added in a bitter sounding  voice. "You're temporarily sorry. Knowing you, you'd probably forget all about this in the next two hours."

"..." Ink glanced at his feet in guilt.

Dream turned around and started to yell. "The war is over, everyone. I'll help you return to your AUs, and tell everyone that was warned that they don't need to worry anymore!" His cape blew as he spoke, making him look like he was a true hero.

Cheers and sobs were heard- some happy that they didn't need to fight, and some full of grief and sadness of what they did and of those who fell.

"I'll help, too." Nightmare said. He wore a dark purple hoodie and a black pair of pants with fingerless gloves in his passive form. He extended his arm to the right, a plethora of portals being summoned in a row.

"..." Dream looked at his brother. He was glad that he was in his passive, and not that despicable goopy form; but still.. he felt numb. Numb from what he had found out. "Thank you, Nightmare." He said, before going to help the others...

"ThAnk gOd that's ovEr.." Error said, "RigHt BluE?"

"Yeah." Blue said, standing next to Error. He smiled, radiating happiness. "Now, let's go get you something to eat."

               "It's been a long day, hasn't it?"

—-

Thanks for reading, guys!

Next chapter is gonna focus on how everyone is reacting/the aftermath, hopefully. I hope you're excited, because I'm going to try and develop the characters. But uh, that's kinda hard so bARE WITH ME IT MIGHT BE TRASH.

Also, spoiler alert, AfterDeath shippers...

They're just friends in this. Geno is aromatic. Remember that when I start writing the aftermath of this. :]

MWAHAHAHAHHA

785 words including a/n