Chapter 19

Grey avoided me like the plague until the end of the school year.

It hurt so much. At first, I thought he was trying to "make things right," but he didn't do anything. My reputation was still tainted; Sasha remained at the same table with him, Evan rejoined them, and school pushed on typically. There were no more wild parties, much less drama than before—it almost felt like the calm before the storm. Things were too peaceful.

There were moments when I thought Grey was going to talk to me. We made eye contact several times, but he was quick to look away whenever we did. And he actively avoided looking at me or in my direction. I don't know what happened after the dream, but it was as if it never even happened. And that's what hurt the most—we shared so much personal stuff, only for him to distance himself from me. 

I felt worthless because of him without having a valid reason. It was a dream. Who's to say he even remembered it?

So, as I said, school pushed on as usual with the addition of me having a broken heart and no one to tell. I was miserable but smiled through it. I acted like I was okay. For the most part, I was. since Grey let me see his true colors before we advanced in whatever was blooming between us.

As summer break was approaching, my heart was finally starting to heal. Then came the end of the year party. Everybody was invited. And can you guess who was throwing the party?

The one and only Grey.

For once, my friends, and by friends, I mean Mindy, didn't get excited.

"Whenever we go, it causes drama," she said as our group hung out in one of the middle school parks. Whenever the kids are away for the summer, and the park is open to the public, we'd always go there. It became our usual hangout/meeting spot.

"Yeah, and knowing Grey, he's already back in Sasha's pants," Blake said, disgusted. "He's a tool." So, we had a pretty firm resounding agreement that night's party was not for us.

That was until Grey messaged me when I was home after the hangout.

you comin tonite?

His text message was the first time he had acknowledged me in months. Even in our dreams together, he ignored me. He walked out of my life and now was trying to walk right back in. My heart slightly skipped, but I regained composure immediately and responded, No.

I promise you it'll be worth it

No.

Ok, suit yourself

I closed my screen and tossed my phone to the other side of my bed. Timmy looked up at me with doe-eyes.

"I'm not going, Timmy... you can't make me," I signed. He looked at me in utter confusion and then laid his head down with a heavy sigh. I let out a sigh of my own, and I found myself creeping towards my closet, picking out a cute outfit. After I was satisfied with what I was wearing, I messaged the group chat and let them know I would be going to the party.

Ana🥰
R u crazy?! Y?! I thought we all didn't wanna go

Blake🖤
Y do u wanna go?
Y
yyyyyyyyyyy??

Andy💥
H
A
Z
E
L

Andy💥HAZEL