Bonus: The Game We Play

Start from the beginning

"Well," Jin says, a mischievous look appearing in his features. "There is one way to get him back from his uncaring attitude."

"What?"

"You pretend to be drunk," He says, shrugging. "Or actually get drunk— because pretending might get a bit hard for you."

"Are you serious right now?" I deadpan, clearly taking this as a joke he was trying to play. "I need actual answers, Jin. It's not like—"

"It will work." He repeats, shrugging again. "But only for you. Remember the last time you all got drunk with Jungkook— you have no idea how much he bothered Hoseok while you were out."

"I swear," He says when my eyes narrow with memory. "I've never seen him nag so much. And besides, there's plenty of alcohol on the food table."

"But—" Just the idea of putting another glass to my lips makes me nauseous. "What if I humiliate myself or something?"

Jin begins to stand up, his lips drawn in a light smile.

"Trust me," His eyes crinkle. "V won't let you."

Then he walks away, leaving me stunned and full of ideas that he'd shoved into my head.

After a full five minutes of thinking, and watching the others laugh and dance and drink, I realize that I'd rather do anything than to have V act like I was some talking tree for the entire night.

So I end up standing in front of the table, wondering which colorful toxin I should take in.

Time Skip

Lord my God.

I'd barely taken a cup of the strong, bitter liquid— and I already felt like I was going to hallucinate. My fingers tremble around the glass as I sip another, the taste of the alcohol powerful and magnetic.

I think I can see Jin nodding at me with a smile on his face, but for all I know, that could be someone else entirely.

"What are you doing?"

There he finally is— after all this time of pleading and begging, simple alcohol had been my solution. I don't even bother to turn as annoyance spills into my slurred voice.

"Go away," I mutter, the words barely audible to my own ears. "Y-You were mean to me."

A squeal of protest escapes my lips as he takes away the glass, his eyes narrowed. When I try to grab for it, he simply raises it up above my reach— using his height to his advantage.

"Tzuyu, don't be like this," He says, setting the cup on top of the table. When I attempt to slide past him, he blocks my way— grabbing both of my wrists and pulling me to his chest.

"Stop!"

"Hush," He says, silencing me with two fingers pursing my lips. "Did Jin hyung convince you to do this?"

In my deteriorating vision, I see Jin hide a smile when V's eyes flash over to him. That's confirmation enough, and a deep sigh rocks through his body.

"I'm going to kill him."

"At least he cared enough to not leave me alone," I pout, voice sad and pathetic. "At least he didn't turn his back on me like someone did."

"Tzuyu—"

"No," I slur, blocking his mouth with my hand. "No excuses. Y-You know how abandoned you made me feel? I'm supposed to be— no, you were supposed to be with me!"

His silky voice makes me swallow as he grazes his lips against my ear, his large hand covering mine as he gently draws it away from his mouth.

"Oh, love. If it's attention you want, it'll be attention I give."

Crimson instantly spreads from the planes of my cheeks to the tips of my ears as I push him away. Amusement is clear on his features as he watches me blush uncontrollably, dark red splotches dotting my exposed neck.

"Stop," I order, hands slapped over both of my cheeks to hide the flush. "This wasn't how it's supposed to go— not how—"

"Things don't have to go by the book, Tzuyu," He rasps, nearly making me collapse with pleasure as I sway from side to side.

"That's why you have me as proof."

His touch is tender and beautiful as he grips my upper arm, exposed with the dress that I was wearing. Shivers run up and down my spine as he tucks his jacket over my shoulders.

"Keep yourself covered," He advises as he wraps an arm around my waist. This literally wasn't how it was supposed to be— he was completely overwhelming me, turning the game over to his absolute favor.

"I don't want other men looking at you the way I do."

He was so winning. Whatever ploy I'd cooked up to make him helpless had faded into the warmth and sweetness he was showering over me, and I was too weak to overcome it.

And he already knows he's got me strung helpless on all sides.

A/n: Hi guys! Author here! If you haven't already, please check out my other stories such as Darkness Ethereal and Aftertaste!

Thanks and lots of love!!