A Thousand Thanks

My question takes him aback, and it shows in his face.

I'm not surprised— his reaction was what I had predicted and risked. Even though we'd slept on the same bed before, and stayed in the same room, we'd never done it on purpose. It was either only for a few minutes or Jin hyung has forced V to stay.

It had never been on purpose, directly asked by one of us.

And I'd just done that.

When he looks dumbstruck for more than a second or two, the unreal courage that had caused me to pipe up slowly fades away into nothing but anxiety and worry.

"Or not. I'm sorry— that was abrupt. You don't have to—"

"No, it's fine."

He doesn't give me a chance to reply back as he motions toward the direction of his room. Trying to swallow the excitement in my throat, my bare feet brush the plush carpet, swathed with the silver of moonlight.

Before I know it, I'm breathing in his scent, touching ground that belongs to him.

It feels different at night— another degree of magical that his presence emanates. My fingertips tingle pleasantly as I realize that the air is refreshing, somehow managing to keep the fine line between cool and cold.

The first thing that I notice when I walk in is the window, wide with its curtains drawn back. It fills the entire wall, replacing the plaster with glass and moonlight.

It looks beautiful— and makes the rest of the place look amazing as well. All of a sudden, I feel a bit of contempt for the small window beside my bed— which barely let in any light and air at all.

When I glance out into the darkness, I realize that it overlooks the front of the house— which was why he'd seen me. Nervousness suddenly clouds my head as I relive the embarrassing breakdown I'd had outside. It wasn't something that I was proud of— getting the life scared out of me by a mere raccoon and the dramatic reactions I'd had after.

"Here."

I turn to see him settle against the chair in the corner of the room, somehow still managing to look perfect at two a.m in the morning. When I see him lean backwards, I ask fervently. I didn't want to stay with him just to overtake his bed.

"I'm not planning to go back to sleep, Tzuyu. It's fine."'

Now that the adrenaline had faded away and my body temperature had regulated, the exhaustion that had been masked before came pouring back in. The corners of my eyes start slacking downwards because of it, and V notices.

"I'm completely serious."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Not being able to stand against the sudden rush of tiredness, I flop in a very unladylike manner onto his bed. I smell a hint of his fragrant scent when I bury the side of my face into the blankets, reveling at how wonderfully soft and cool the sheets were.

Sleep instantly crowds in my peripheral vision, shading the edges with darkness.

Voice sounding half-drunk, I murmur quietly into the air.

"You're not what people think you are."

His reply is tinged with faint amusement as I listen carefully. My body, all of a sudden, feels heavier than stone when I try to shift.

"What makes you say that?"

"I don't know— I can't explain it." My brows involuntarily furrow together in focus as I try to ignore the wisps of sleep crawl up my spine and cloud my head.