Bonus: The Game We Play

"Hold on, Kiera. I think I need to go check on Tae."

The soon-to-be bride nods her head as she turns to Jimin, who smiles at her endearingly. I could see why Jimin had so utterly fallen for her. She was soft and sweet, like a bloomed lily swaying in the summer breeze.

Which could be described as the opposite of my husband's personality.

"V, are you doing okay?" I murmur worriedly as he watches Jimin and Kiera, his eyes refusing to look at me. It had been two hours since he'd recalled his behavior while drunk- and he still was simply refusing to talk to me.

Or even give me a single glance.

"V, seriously." I sigh, my eyes wide and sad. "Are you really going to ignore me? I told you it was perfectly fine!"

He turns away, cheeks heating into a soft blush as I remind him of the night before the wedding. It was a shame to say that after he'd sobered up, he had remembered everything.

And by everything, I meant every single thing from top to bottom.

"V, please." I plead. It was his best friend's wedding, the most important and meaningful day of his life. And I'd already spent a ton of effort trying to cover up for his sullen behavior, much to Jimin's and Kiera's confusion.

Right now, I'd told both of them that he'd caught a sickness, but it wouldn't be a long time before Jimin realized that I'd been lying.

After all, he had lived with him for some time.

"Look," He finally says, his lips pursed. "You don't understand."

"What do you mean I don't understand?" I hiss quietly. "You drank on accident, and got drunk! What in the world would be so complicated about that?"

Hurt flashes through his eyes a second before it hardens into ice and iron. "Tzuyu, just stop. I'm sorry if I can't be all happy and whatever else, but I'm not going to fake what I don't want to do."

And he walks away.

Again.

A heavy sigh escapes my lips as I sullenly trudge to the food table, piled high with mountains and mountains of delicacies and foreign cuisines.

Why did men have to be so complicated?

And why did this specific man have to be V, the most unreadable and confusing person in the entire world?

As I sit sadly and alone next to the tables watching people talk and laugh, someone slides into the seat next to mine.

"What's wrong, Tzuyu? Where's V?"

"Jin," I sigh in relief as I realize it's not Jimin. He wouldn't be very happy if he found out that me and V were in a little fight, and no way did I want to ruin his mood for the day. "It's just V being V. Nothing else."

He blows out a breath, shooting me a look of sympathy. As the elder hyung who'd lived with him for years, he probably knew firsthand how frustrating the younger could be when he wanted to.

"What happened?"

When he notices me hesitate, the sympathy shifts quickly into amusement. "Let me guess— did he drink last night?"

He nods in confirmation when my eyes go wide. "The symptoms were similar to when he first drank. He got drunk so horribly that he started demanding things that—"

When he pauses there wincing, I know not to push further. My head sinks further into my hands as I sigh even deeper.

"How did you fix him after? He's driving me insane, Jin. It's Jimin's wedding day, for heaven's sake! Can't he at least pretend to be happy for his best friend?"