Tzuyu

"She's fading. That's impossible."

"Look at those wounds— they were inflicted. Was it by those who were chasing her?"

"She's pretty."

"Shut up, Jungkook."

"She's awake." The familiar, low voice emanates distinctively from among the others as I hear a soft rustling of fabric against fabric.

"Wake up."

I open my eyes, somehow unable to resist the command. The moment I do, I'm greeted with a face full of men— all staring at me like I was some prize animal at a party. Then I realize that my body must still be trying to stabilize, and I abandon the thought at the back of my mind.

If I was them, I'd undoubtedly stare at the girl with the fading limbs as well.

When I look up, I count seven total heads— including V and "hyung" from last night. And to my absolute dismay, the first thought that goes through my mind is that there was no way that such beautiful people could possibly exist.

Impossible.

The seven men crowd around me, and I notice that V hangs a bit back from the bed I'm lying on. He looks like he's capable of staring into my soul until he turns his gaze somewhere else, realizing my eyes were on him.

The knife is gone from his shoulder, replaced with white bandages poking out from just underneath the neck of his dark shirt. Was that a speck of blood on the edge?

"You should thank him— it's his bed you're lying on, you know." One of the men says, not even bothering to hide the amusement in his voice as he runs his fingers through his ash gray hair.

"Shut up, Jimin." V mutters, leaning back onto the undecorated walls. Usually I'd expect a person his age would have the room filled with posters and whatever— but the room is as bland as his tone addressing Jimin.

Besides, I couldn't imagine the said man decorating his living space.

"So since we saved your life, how about you tell us what in the freaking heck was going back in there?"

I swallow, already feeling awkward and shy amongst the tall, intimidating men. Some of them are more than others, but they all have an aura that clearly screams death. And here I was, somehow still alive and breathing.

"How rude of me," The man who had asked the question remarks as he notices my fidgeting. "Let me introduce everyone here— and they're not as scary as you think they might be, so don't worry."

I stay quiet as he points at himself first. There's a feeling that I get that he's the Jin hyung that V had cursed out last night, and my suspicions are proved correct when he echoes my thoughts.

"You can call me Jin. That's V, and from there it's Jimin, Jungkook, Yoongi, Namjoon, and Hoseok."

When he looks at me expectantly, I realize that he's waiting for me to follow his example. A sudden wave of anxiety and shyness rolls through my body, somehow feeling worse than when I was getting ready to jump out of a window.

And with the nervousness comes a series of flickers that nearly send me doubling over in pain.

"Whoa." Jimin says, looking over to Hoseok for help. It seemed like he was the medic here— but I already knew the smartest and most talented medic couldn't fix me, no matter how hard they tried.

"She just needs to calm her heart rate— when it normalizes, her body will stabilize as well." Hoseok observes, and  I look up, shocked that he'd figured out so much about me during the first five seconds of our introduction.