Chapter Forty One: A Night in Paris

This is the last chapter! I know, I didn't think I would end it here, either, but it seemed like a good place to wrap up. I will post an epilogue after this and that should be up later tonight. Thank you SO SO SO much for almost 4,000 reads in only two and a half months! This is my first fan fiction, and I'm definitely going to write more. Thanks again and enjoy the last chapter! :)

 *****************************************************************

Once I was ready for the concert, I left with Zayn and we met Paul and the rest of the boys in the elevator. Harry scowled at the carpet and I bit my lip, feeling tears prick my eyes. I felt a warm hand grab mine and I looked over to see Liam looking at me with a sympathetic look in his eyes.

“It’ll be alright.” he mouthed. I nodded and the elevator opened. I quickly released Liam’s hand and together, we all walked to the rental cars to drive to the concert. This time, instead of riding with the boys, I switched places with Jon and rode with the band and Paul.

Silently, I sat in the back, leaning my head against the window. A stray tear slipped down my cheek and I hastily wiped it away.

“Are you alright, Isabel?” Josh asked from besides me. I looked over at him and shook my head.

“What happened?” he whispered and I explained the whole photo shoot situation quietly.

“What do I do?” I asked after I had finished my story.

“I think you need to talk to Harry. It’s obvious that he’s really hurt.” Josh replied. I nodded just as we pulled up to the venue.

“Thanks for helping.” I told Josh and pulled him in for a short hug. We walked together inside with the rest of the band while Paul walked with the boys. Once we were in the dressing room, I took Lux from Lou and sat on one of the couches far away from the styling tables. Grabbing some toys and books, Lux and I started to read a picture book. Lux started to drift off to sleep, so I set down the book and hummed quietly until her eyes slid shut and her breathing slowed.

I noticed the stylists finish the boys and Niall, Liam, Louis, and Zayn walked over. They gave me hugs around Lux and gave Lux kisses on her head. Harry slowly came over. He avoided my eyes and leant down to kiss Lux on the head. He completely ignored me and left without another word. Louis hurried after him and the rest of the boys shot me apologetic looks before going out to start the show.

Two hours later, the concert was over and the boys came back to change into regular clothes. Harry once again stayed silent around me and avoided eye contact. Soon, Lou came back and took a sleeping Lux from me.

“Thanks for watching her. You have no idea how much it helps.” Lou said gratefully. I faked a smile back.

“No problem. She’s adorable.” I replied and Lou left. Paul returned to the dressing room less than a minute later and we exited the venue. Going in the separate cars again, we drove back to the hotel. Josh, Dan, Sandy, and Paul kept a steady flow of conversation, but I sat in the back and stayed quiet. I decided that I would talk to Harry once we got back to the hotel. What I would say, I had no idea.

The car pulled up to the hotel and surprisingly, there weren’t many fans outside. There were only about four, so the boys stopped to sign a few things and take pictures. Paul jumped out of the car to go with them and Sandy kept driving until we got to the back of the hotel. We all exited the car and headed up to our rooms.

I paced around my room for a few minutes before I heard the door of the suite open. Zayn stepped into the room.

“Hey Isabel, do you want to go to dinner with me and the boys?” he asked. Noting how that would just make things more awkward between Harry and me, I politely declined.

“No thanks, Zayn. I’m not really hungry, anyway.” I said with a weak smile. He nodded and left the room again. I plopped down on the couch and began flipping through the channels. That soon got boring, so I decided to head up to the roof to think for a while.

I hopped into the elevator and rode up to the top floor. Finally, I reached the rooftop door. I opened the cold metal door and was surprise to see that I wasn’t the only one that needed some time to think. I recognized the brown, curly hair and bit my lip nervously. I thought that he had gone to dinner with the rest of the boys. I shut the roof door quietly and walked over to him. He was staring over the edge, watching the cars below. In the distance, I could see the Eiffel Tower, lit up and glittering in the night.

I stepped up beside him and he jumped a bit.

“Hi.” I said.

“Hey.” he replied.

“Harry, I’m so sorry.” I burst out in a rush. I kept babbling. “I don’t know what I was thinking when I kissed Zayn. I guess I just-” I was cut off by a pair of soft lips covering mine. I was caught off-guard, but after getting over the initial shock, I wrapped my arms around Harry’s neck. I felt his arms encircle my waist and pull me closer to him. We kissed for a while until he pulled back.

“It’s okay.” Harry whispered. I smiled and pulled him in again. This time, I would make sure not to lose him.

          THE END. <3