Chapter Twenty Eight: The Concert

From our front row seats, Eleanor and I watched as the opening act came out. Boyce Avenue performed a few songs and after about thirty minutes, they exited the stage and girls started to scream in anticipation. The lights started changing colors and the boys ran out to tremendous shrieks.

“We’re like na na na,” they started to sing. They sang “Na Na Na” and after the song was finished, stood there smiling.

“How’s everyone in Manchester tonight?” yelled Liam. The girls in the venue screamed. After they were finished, the boys started singing “Stand Up.” Eleanor and I danced and sang along with the girls surrounding us.

“Oh, my gosh, are you Eleanor Calder?” asked a girl next to us.

“Yeah, I am.” she smiled at the girl. This caught the attention of the girls around us.

“And you’re Isabel!” yelled another.

“Yes, I am.” I told them.

“You guys are so lucky!” said another girl.

“Yeah, what’s it like to date the boys?” questioned another. We talked to them for a couple minutes and then turned back to the stage. The boys had now finished and started singing “I Wish”.

“He takes your hand, I die a little. I watch your eyes, and I’m in riddles. Why can’t you look at me like that?” Zayn sang while staring intensely into my eyes.

“When you walk by, I try to say it. But then I freeze, and never do it. My tongue gets tied, the words get trapped.” Liam sang his part.

“I hear the beat of my heart getting louder whenever I’m near you.” Harry sang while smiling at me. I grinned back. I could feel Zayn’s eyes on me and I looked away. They continued singing the song.

“Oh, how I wish that was me.” Zayn finished. His eyes never left me and I could feel that he meant everything in the song. They sang more songs and finished the concert with “What Makes You Beautiful”. By the end, I felt as if my eardrums had burst. They boys left the stage and I got a text from Harry.

“Want to meet us backstage? We were going to grab a bite to eat.” read the text. I showed it to Eleanor and she agreed, so I texted back “Sure, how do we get back there?” He replied “Go to Paul, he’ll bring you back.”

Eleanor and I made our way over to Paul.

“Hey Paul, could you take us to the boys? We’re supposed to meet them backstage.” I asked him.

“Yeah, follow me girls.” he replied and led us to the dressing room. We opened the door and the boys were changed into regular clothes. They stood up and I walked over to Harry.

“You guys were amazing!” I gushed. Harry smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

“Thanks, love. Ready to go?” he asked and I nodded. We all left the venue and got into the rental cars to drive to a restaurant.

After dinner, we all went back to the hotel. We decided to call it an early night. Tomorrow we would stay in Manchester and it would be a free day for the boys since it was Harry’s birthday. Harry and I went to our room and I went to the bathroom to shower. I got out of the warm water, dried myself off, and got ready for bed. I slipped on a white tank top and red Pepsi pajama shorts and put my hair into a bun. After I walked out of the bathroom, Harry went in and got ready. I sat on the bed and scrolled through my Twitter feed.

There were a lot of hate messages on my feed but I ignored that. After all, Harry was more important. Then I saw one tweet that stood out.

“I wonder if Harry knows that Zayn is in love with his girlfriend.” it read. There were dozens of other tweets about how Zayn was singing to me the entire concert. I just hoped Harry wouldn’t see them.

Harry walked out of the bathroom and I put my phone away. He crawled into the bed and sat beside me.

“Do I get an early birthday present?” he breathed into my ear and a chill ran down my spine. He began kissing my neck.

“Harry-” I started but he silenced me with his lips. He kissed my gently at first but then made it deeper. His tongue slipped into my mouth and I tangled my fingers in his curls while he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer. He lay down and pulled me down on top of him. He then flipped us over and, well, you know what happens after that.