36. Full moon. Prt 2

A/N :::: (quietly drops this here and runs.) 🙏
**
*
*
*

Bami

What am I going to do?

Seeing her,  Foluke standing in my room as I prepare to leave for school is entirely not what i want to deal with right now.

Still in her pajamas her complexion blends so well with the beige silky material on her. Her soft messy bun doesn't make her any less alluring. She strikes me as one who is well versatile in the fashion industry.  She's probably  a model.  A celebrity model.

Why do I care. I need to leave my room and head for school but why is she still standing by the door? Does she want to show her real colours or pretend to be nice. The typical daughter in-law game to win the heart of the family.  She's definitely  not getting that with me.

"C-Can I help you?" I manage not to sound too wary of her.

Since yesterday,  I haven't quite been able to shake off the feeling of what she could be.  What type of creature.  Various thoughts. Another demonic creature to kill Ini?

Why did she come to my family? Ah yes, she probably seduced my brother to sneak her way into my family and to me....  but what if I'm just jumping to conclusions?

She looks nervous, still standing by the door.  "I know you felt something yesterday and-"

"Nope I did not." cutting her off. "I'm late for school. Can you let me pass?"

"Oh... I'm sorry." her voice goes small, moving to one side of the door.  "It's just that I have never felt like that with anyone before until now."

It seems her expression has suddenly changed as she looks excitedly curious, coming closer,  letting me collapsing on my bed.

"Bami, What are you?"

What

"I should be asking you the same thing." I think i felt my voice shake as I feel trapped on my bed and she peering intently down on me.

"Oh..." her voice grows small again,  retracting a bit away from me now. " I'm a...I'm a-"

"a demonic spirit?"

"What? No! "

Seeing her expression with her very odd response I feel even more agitated.  So she's not a demonic spirit, then what?

"I'm an Abiku, a spirit child born to die."

Oh wow.

"Aren't Abikus supposed to be little children who die at a certain age?"

From my knowledge, I've heard of them before. But she's old to be an Abiku....

"Not entirely.  Some of us live up until we are 30. It takes another decade for me to be born again. This is my 6th life."  taking an empty space on the bed to sit.  I'm no longer trapped. I think.

Sitting beside me now,  her excited expression is no longer there but replaced with a look of despair. I can feel her second deep sigh as she keeps fiddling with her fingers.

"What's wrong?"

Why am I suddenly worried for her? 

"I'm 29 now.  I have another year left and I can't still accomplish my mission. "

"What mission?"

Another deep sigh,  "Every life I have lived,  I'm  unable to find the child who changes my destiny.  It is said a child will be born, representing both the spirit world and the human world. I am to lead the child to it's fate as the next Oracle. The child is to balance both worlds according to his/her discretion."