7. Are you a monster?

Segun

What is she thinking?

I watched as she swam into the crowd trying to get to the entrance but gets obstructed by the teachers guarding the door. Soon Mr Ajao comes to scatter the crowd back to their classes and she is still standing there.

"Didn't you hear me Bamidele?" Mr Ajao stretches his cane vigorously at her but she only flinches for a bit. A confused look on her face as she looks at him.

"Uhmmm...I want to collect my biology textbook from Michael sir." It looks like she's trying not to bite herself. She's walking back to the guarded entrance and shouting for Michael to bring her book.

"Where is the book!" Mr Ajao is calmly loosing his patient but the cane in his hand isn't, Flapping violently back and forth.

She flinches back to respond to him. "He said he forgot it at home. Sorry Sir." She says in a hurry before running off to her class and Mr Ajao missing his lash on the hep of her skirt as she escapes its sting.

Crazy girl.

"As if I knew the school was going to go crazy when they see Ini." Bolu says, "I'm still shocked and confused Segz."

I nod and agree with him, "Yeah, Everyone is feeling that way too." I can't believe Ini even came to school.

Before the morning assembly, I had seen her from my classroom window going into the Administrative building with her parents to the principal's office. Nobody seemed to have noticed. She looked normal, Poised, calm and neat. The school's princess. But before she entered the building , she paused to look at my direction from that distance and somehow, it felt she was looking at me.

That's odd.

I've never spoken with her except once during the school annual Quiz and debate competition week last session and we were opponents in the final quiz round.

"She looked hollow and distant. But she still spoke, laughed and smiled like she always did."

I remember Bolu telling me this as I followed him back home after I had met him at the Junction that day. He said, her parents were called to the morgue two days after when someone saw her standing out of the containment she was put in. Her funeral date was already put on WhatsApp, meaning she was already dead.

When they found her and took her home, she didn't speak or eat but always screamed of nightmares for three days straight until it stopped suddenly.

Does this mean she's turned?

"The both of you! What are you still doing there?!" Mr Ajao's voice comes our way, flinging his cane towards us.

"Guy, I go see you during break." Bolu taps me before escaping back to his class with a close brush of Mr Ajao's cane. I'm sliding back into my class at that moment.

"This one that Ini is back from the dead the whole school will not hear word nau. Abeg let the girl live in peace." the class rep remarks almost loud enough for everyone in the class to hear as I got to my seat.

"I'm sure there was no Night terror sef." Another one spoke then the whole class soon continues in its murmuring.

If she can't remember anything that happened that day, and she isn't a turned wolf yet then I have to talk to her.

***************

Bami

Uggghhh

What is going on??