23. That talk....(Part 1)

Segun

"All is just and true; The Blood, The Moon and The Sun. Then all shall rise again."

I remember the demon wolf saying this to me when I first encountered it. It's glowing blood red eyes circling round my consciousness and I don't understand what and why this is happening to me now. No. I know, That Witch.

"..... but I need the strength of your bloodline to protect her."

My memory replays her words like an old bad horror movie. Even her evil smile is more stretched in it.

"He is going to come for you soon. You mustn't let him win."

Ugghh. Where is my Aunt like seriously. Its a week and two days now. Midterm exams already ended last week and now we are on our midterm break.

Aunty Moji is the only one I know that can definitely explain what I'm feeling right now. It's like, I feel this soft burning sensation brewing from the deepest pit of my stomach. A chest burn can't be compared to this.

The view in front of me doesn't interest or soften the heat since it's meant to be a comedy show.

"Oh my god, Trevor Noah is so funny."

I can hear Sis Motunrayo snorting at whatever the said man in the TV box is saying but I feel nothing but heat.

"You seriously don't know where Your mum went since last week?" I'm asking her again, probably the tenth time asking. My mind hasn't been...what do I call it? Stable.

"Hmm?" her eyes diverts to me and my question from the TV. "How many times do you want to ask, She didn't tell me. I don't know." she replies annoyed before turning back to the TV.

"I called her, it rang but she didn't pick." I say again.

Sis Motunrayo abandons the TV to face me properly. "So? She probably went for one of her 'missions' you know." she forms a quotation symbol with her fingers to emphasise the word and continues "She will be back soon just chill."

"okay." I finally say before getting up to leave the upstairs living room to my bedroom downstairs but I'm pausing to turn back at Sis Moturanyo who is now resumed back on the TV.

"Sis Motun"

"Yeess." she stresses, not even bothering to turn to look at me this time.

"Have you ever met my parents before? "

She begins to snap her finger before replying, "Yes sinceee. I was probably 5 years then and you were a baby."

"oh okay."

What was I expecting? I should-...I should just like What Sis Motunrayo said, chill and wait.

Yeah... Calm down.

Laying on the bed and trying not to count the numbers of Squares in the ceiling due to my inability fall asleep as I thought I could e but not so surprising.

Taking a deep breath, I'm letting my memories play , taking me to the time where my home was warm and filled with my mum's cooking and Dad vigorously commenting to the sport game on TV in excitement.

My parents were not the typical black parents in an African American community as I recall then, They were always easy to mingle and flow with the whites and all others of different colours probably because they were not native African Americans, I guess so they could relate to other immigrants from other nations who came to find greener pastures in the United states.