14. Not what it seems.

Bami's POV

Her eyes turned green again.

She definitely snarled at me. I'm so stiff at this moment. I can't feel or hear anything.

Just like last time, her eyes turned green. Just like...Segun too. No way.

It can't be.

"You saw a beast......you saw me."

The dream I had of two big black dogs tearing at each other began to replay bit by bit until it revealed one of them transforming into Segun and one....dead.

Oh no..Ini is also a...

I feel my chest slowly vibrate at this scary revelation. My gaze statically moves from each person seated in the classroom. Could this mean there are people around us whom aren't what they seem to be?

"...Bamidele"

How is this even possible. Supernatural creatures like wolves living amongst us especially in Nigeria. How??

"Miss Bamidele."

Automatically my eyes meet two beady eyes staring back at me. Miss Nualla's, our literature teacher.

"Where is your mind young woman? I've been calling you."

"I-I'm sorry ma. " I'm bowing apologetically and  nervously at my own absentmindedness.

"Its okay." A small smile rests on her petit face after a sigh. "High school today, is more like a passage of the mind. No longer brains." She says, walking back to the front of the class.

"It's the mind that accepts the fact that 'oh I'm in high school now, how I mold myself begins' and that moment you realise decisions are never going to look easy without consequences."

Her words felt like an advice than a scolding. Her eyes rests on me now as she continues. "We are all born with three things: the body, the mind and a lifetime. How you use the first two, determines the third." Her words cold without any trail of sweetness or inspiration.

"Now I have your attention. Good to have you back dear." Her smile doesn't leave my sight. "So back to Folklores, urban legends and myths and we mentioned mythological gods, tales by moonlight and urban stories that can either be facts or superstitions..."

The bell soon rings, indicating it's time for lunch break.

Everyone is now relieved as we prepare to go for lunch.

"Are you okay? you've never gotten distracted during literature. What happened?" Debbie stands beside my desk, her cutlery set and cup on one hand.

I really don't want to talk about it. Not with her most especially.

Segun...Ini.

I have to talk to Segun first. He might probably know why Ini is like him. I hope not.

"I'm hungry." I finally answer. Which makes her scoff and hiss, her curiosity subsided too.

"Miss Bamidele, Please see me immediately after school hours in my office." Miss Nualla quickly says before leaving the class.

"Eehhh You don enter trouble with Oyinbo teacher." Bolu is speaking with a playful mocking expression on his face before running out.

Tch. I'm sure its nothing serious. But first, I am really hungry.

Noisy as it always is, the Dinning hall of course is filled today because its everyone's favorite dish, fried spaghetti with chicken. My mouth has begun to water by the thought if it.