31

When the final song was over, the boys rushed backstage and surrounded Lily. No words were spoken, but they hoped she understood how much she meant to them.

During the long ride home, they each apologized to her, even though she did her best to wave them off.

"You guys are so sweet, and that song was beautiful. I think it' the best one yet. I'm sorry if I made you worry about me; I really didn't mean to." She squeezed Wooyoung's hand as she glanced around.

"No, like we said, we are the ones who should be sorry." Seonghwa said, leaning closer to her. "We are still learning how to balance being Ateez and having a life, and I'm afraid you got caught in the crossfire. From now one, we will each make sure to help around the house. And Lily, I want you to start looking for a job nearby."

Jongho and Wooyoung sat up to protest but the eldest held up his hand.

"It's been a few months now; I think we will be ok. We can't keep her locked away. I'm sorry that we did this to you."

Lily felt her lip tremble, then she moved from her seat to hug Seonghwa. He stroked the back of her head and closed his eyes. "I'm so sorry, Lily."

She shook her head and tried to fight the tears that she could feel coming.

The thought of getting to leave the house, as bad as it sounded, was one of the things she had been wanting to ask them about but was too scared to.

She knew the thought worried them, and she was nervous about it too, but... she needed a change of pace.

After a few minutes she moved back to Wooyoung and buried her face in his chest, smiling softly, as she felt her eyelids get heavy.

"Are you ok?" He asked her, soft enough that she was the only one who could hear him.

"Yes, I am."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to worry you. You have more important things going on right now."

Wooyoung shifted so he could lift her head up to look at him. "Listen to me. Nothing, nothing is more important to me than you. I'm sorry if I haven't been showing that lately. I promise I will try to do better." He kissed her forehead and pulled her close. I can't lose her again.

---

The peace they had gained during the ride home was short lived. Even though she was drifting off to sleep, Lily could feel Wooyoung tense underneath her and he wrapped both arms around her protectively.

"Guys. We might have a problem."

"What is it Youngie?" San leaned over to look out Wooyoung's window.

"My father is here."

Lily sat up; eyes wide. There was indeed a large, black, limousine parked in front of their house. There were flags attached to the hood of the car that had a strange symbol on it, but she trusted Wooyoung's word. It must have been a family crest or something.

"Lily, I need you to stay on the bus. He can't know you're with us. I don't know if that's why he is here or not, but we can't risk it." Wooyoung said. He could feel her starting to shake next to him, so he turned and placed his hands on either side of her face. "Hey, hey, listen to me. It's going to be ok."

She looked into his brown eyes and nodded, trying to take a few deep breaths.

Flashes of her time spent with the man came back to her. She had never told Wooyoung...

Hongjoong walked past them to go talk to the bus driver, asking him to stay behind and watch Lily, and if he gave the signal, he was to leave.

Exchanging nervous glances, the boys exited the bus one by one. Wooyoung was the last off, placing a kiss on Lily's forehead before helping her settle down on the floor between the seats, her back against the side of the bus.

As soon as he stepped off the bus, he made his way to the front of the group, crossing his arms.

The door of the limo opened, and his father stepped out. He had a very forced smile on his face. "My boy. You did such a good job tonight! I'd say this was your best performance yet. You are quite the lady's man." He sneered and motioned for Wooyoung to step forward.

He didn't.

"I have a few things I need to talk to you about, if you would please join me in the car."

"No. I'm not going anywhere with you." Wooyoung felt his friends step up to stand right behind him.

His father snarled and snapped his fingers. "Come here now. You're really going to disobey your father?"

"You knew, didn't you. You knew that I knew who that performer was. That's why you wanted to meet there that night."

"Of course, I knew. Her father told me. And now she is gone. If you don't want to handle this in a civilized way, then I will just ask now. Where is she? I know you had something to do with it."

Wooyoung stuck his chin out. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't. Lie. To. Me."

"I haven't seen her since that night. I couldn't bring myself to go back there."

"I'll give you one more chance." His father said, an extremely dark tone entering his voice. "Where is she. I heard your dedication tonight and put two and two together. Don't. Test. Me."

Wooyoung said nothing, staring down the man in front of him. He felt Hongjoong shift, ready to signal the bus driver to leave if needed.

"Did she tell you?" His father said, trying to change tactics. "Did she tell you what happened? What they did to her?"

Wooyoung felt San's hand grab his, trying to anchor him.

"What I did to her?"

Wooyoung tensed.

"She really is worth what we charge for her. Every cent. Have you boys gotten to experience her yet? Once a whore, always a whore. I bet she's put out for each of you, hasn't she?"

All of them had to work to hold themselves back.

"How many of you did it at the same time? She loves having all her holes filled."

"SHUT UP!" Wooyoung yelled, charging at his father.

Hongjoong waved his hand at the bus before joining the others to help their friend.

It was a trap though. Men appeared from the shadows, grabbing each of the boys and restraining them.

Wooyoung's father watched as the bus sped away. "Follow it." He looked down at his son struggling against the man who had his arms pinned behind his back. "Time to come home."

The man dragged Wooyoung to the limo while another one came up and stuffed a gag into his mouth.

The rest of the boys struggled to throw off their captors. One man cried out in pain as Jongho threw his head back, breaking the man's nose. He ran to help the others but was quickly restrained again.

"Find a room to lock them in. They are worthless to me. Maybe I'll tell my business partner to come check them out and see if they'd be any use to him though." Wooyoung's father said before sliding into the car behind him and slamming the door shut.

The men outside turned to their captives, knocking them out one-by-one and dragging them into the house before locking them in the basement, bound and gagged.