Chapter Four: Confession about the Dark Book

The Next Day:

"Okay! And cut! Great job, everyone! That's a rap!", Ethan shouted on set. The crew and I just finished up our first scene of Who Killed Markiplier: It's where Mark invites all of his friends to his big dinner party, and he mysteriously dies in the morning. My part in the skit, was to play Damien's wife, Pearl. My costume was an emerald green dress, with black gloves and shoes to match, and a green feather in my hair to match the dress.

Playing Mark's wife is just too fun

Playing Mark's wife is just too fun. I get to be with Mark, and finally spend some time with him. As Kathryn was helping me take off the makeup, Mark tapped on my shoulder. "Hey, I want to talk to you outside.", he said as I went with him to the garden.

At the Garden:

Once the both of us were out, Mark took me to the fountain to talk to me. "Listen, I want to apologize for last night. I just don't want no one to know about our little secret, except us.", he told me. I couldn't stand to be mad at him. He was just so nice to me. "Oh Mark, I forgive you. But, in case I need to ask again, can you finally tell me about that book?", I told him. Mark gave me a smile and sat down on the fountain. He took my hands and made me sit down too. "Okay, I will tell you. But you must promise me this: This is only between you and me. I don't want no one else to know about this. Okay?", he told me. "I promise.", I replied as he took a deep breath. I could tell that he was nervous to tell me about the book. "Okay (Your Name), here it is: Every time I dreamt about Dark, or have a nightmare about him, I wrote about him in the book (which is actually my journal). And as the years went by, I didn't felt like writing about Dark anymore. Why? Because I never saw him in my dreams again. So I decided to rip up some of the pages in the book, and leave it in the library for safe keeping; just in case I need to write about him again. I know that he could come back at any moment now. And I'm just afraid...", Mark explained. I was so touched by his story. No wonder why the first part of the journal was so magical. But did Mark know that? I didn't think that he did knew. But even if I tell him, he would be disappointed that I disobeyed his orders to stay away from the book. "Mark, I'm sorry if you feel this way. I really am.", I said while placing my hand on his shoulder. He let out a sigh and looked at me again. "(Your Name), that's why I want you to stay away from that book. I'm afraid that Dark can come back at any moment. I know that this all may sound crazy to you, but you have to trust me.", he said as I got up from the fountain. Mark was so worried about me, I couldn't help but hug him. "Don't worry, Mark... I promise that I will not be interfering with Dark.", I told him. He began to cry a bit, but he was still smiling. "Thank you so much for listening to me...", he told me while continuing to hug me. I kind of felt guilty at this point. I mean, when I went inside the journal, Dark didn't seem so bad. Maybe I can try to see if he's real, the next time I see him. If he isn't real, then maybe Mark can throw away the journal and not worry about his persona anymore. All I had to do was wait.