Chapter Three: Meeting Dark

The Grand Ball Chapter:

The fall felt like a minute, and my voice was hurting from all the screaming I did. I had no idea where I was going, but that was until I opened my eyes and saw that I stopped falling. As I opened my eyes, I saw that I wasn't in the library anymore. Instead, I was at some party. The room was so big, and there was so many people. Everyone even looked fancy and elegant; including me for some weird reason. I wasn't in my pajamas anymore. I was instead in a big and sparkly silver ballgown. 

My hair was even still straight down, except it had curls in it

My hair was even still straight down, except it had curls in it. "Wow... Where am I? And where did this dress come from?", I asked myself while walking around the room. I even tried to ask everyone in the ballroom where was I, but they were all busy dancing and talking to each other. "Excuse me? Can you- Excuse me! I need to- Woah!", I said to as many people as I can. But as I kept on walking around, I accidentally bumped into something and nearly fell. However, I was caught in the arms of someone. "Oh my goodness! Ma'am, are you alright?", the gentleman asked me as he helped me up. "Yes, I-", I said to him. But I stopped for a second when I saw his face. He kind of reminded me of Mark, but he was grey and scary a bit. I had no idea who he was, but that was until he told me his name. "Oh! Where are my manners? I'm Darkiplier, but you can call me Dark for short.", he told me. I froze for a second after he told me what was his name. I didn't know what to do or say, because I remember that Dark was evil. Yet again, he isn't real. Could this be a dream? Or was I transported into another dimension? "I'm sorry if I bumped into you. I hope you're not too upset. So, what do they call you?", he asked me. I didn't know what to do at this point. Should I tell him my name? I didn't know. "My name is, (Your Name).", I said to him calmly. I was a bit scared, but he didn't look that evil when he smiled at me. "Well, (Your Name), pleased to meet a beautiful lady like yourself here.", Dark said as he grabbed my hand and kissed it. I started to blush a bit, but only a little. I remember what Mark told me about him, so I have to be careful. "Oo! I love this song. Care do dance?", Dark asked me. I looked up quickly and I heard his words again in my mind. "Dance? Me?", I asked as he grabbed my hand and took me to the dance floor. And just immediately, we both started to dance to a beautiful waltz around the dance floor. I couldn't actually believe that this was happening to me. I was actually dancing with the real Darkiplier. He wasn't even that much of a bad dancer. He was actually good on his feet. "Wow... You're such a really good dancer.", I complimented him. "Why thank you, (Your Name).", Dark told me with a smile. The waltz lasted for a few minutes, and everyone clapped when it ended. After the dance, Dark walked me to the buffet table. "Wine?", he asked me while holding up a bottle. "Oh, no thank you.", I said as he poured himself a glass. I then looked at everyone still dancing, and Dark started to talk to me again. "So (Your Name), where did you come from if I may ask?", he asked me while drinking some wine. I looked up at him and didn't know what to tell him. Should I tell him that I fell into this book and magically came out of nowhere? "Well, it's really hard to say: I was actually transported into this place after falling from a book.", I explained. However, I felt stupid for saying it. But Dark just found it funny. He must've thought of it as a joke. "Hahaha!!! That's interesting. Where'd you came from?", he asked me again. "Well...", I said. But as I was about to tell him, I heard a clock making a loud noise to say that it was midnight. "Oh, would you look at the time? We need to get you back to your book.", he told me while grabbing my hand and taking me to the entrance doors of the ballroom. "What? Why? What's going on?", I asked him. "I actually can't explain now. But if you do come and visit me again, I can explain it to you.", he told me as I saw the book on the floor. I looked down at it, and was about to jump in it again. But before I did, Dark looked at me one more time. "Come back soon!", Dark said as I jumped in.

Back in the Library:

The portal back to the library took at least a minute. I appeared out of the black smoke and opened my eyes. I was back in the library, and back into my pajamas again. The dress must've disappeared after I left the book. As I looked around the room, I saw the book; it was back into its own shape, and the portal was gone. As I picked it up, I put the roses back inside the book, closed it up, and put it back on the shelf. "Wow... That was actually amazing. I mean, I never asked Dark if he was real or not. But, I mostly can't believe that he wants to see me again.", I said to myself. However, the last part was a bit confusing to me. I mean, why would he want to see me again? As I tried to think about it, I felt very tired. I went back upstairs to my room quietly, and went to bed. All of that dancing with Dark, really got me tired.