Chapter Two: The Book of Dark

In the Library:

After the talk with Mark, I went inside the library of the house. I had no idea that Mark even had on. The library was filled with so many books: Classical, Drama, Fairy Tales, Romance, and so much more. As I looked around the bookshelves, I saw a black one with a golden design on it. I was a bit curious about it, so I took it out and looked at the cover. However, it didn't have a title on it. It instead had a golden design of a book and sword.

"Hmm

"Hmm... I never seen this book before. I wonder what it is.", I said to myself. But as I was about to open the book, Mark came in quickly and took it from me. "(Your Name)! Do not touch this! What was this doing here in the first place?", he said to me. I was a bit confused on what he just told me. "Mark, what are you talking about? It doesn't even have a title on it. Like, what's the problem?", I said to him. However, he looked up and gave me a blank expression. "Look, how about we discuss this at dinner, instead of in here? Okay?", he said. I felt like Mark didn't want to tell me something, but I just went along with it. "Okay, I guess.", I said as he put the book back on the shelf. "Remember, don't touch that book.", he mentioned to me again. I couldn't help but think that there must be something strange going on with that book. But what, exactly?

At Dinner:

Me and my friends were eating together, and staying quiet while eating. I looked out the window and saw the sun setting. "So, tomorrow is the day! The first part of the skit, is to show how I might've died.", Mark told us all. Everyone agreed with him about tomorrow, but I was still curious about what happened in the library earlier. "Uh, Mark? Didn't you remember what you wanted to tell me?", I reminded him. However, all he did was just look at me with a confused face. "What are you talking about?", he asked me. "I mean, about what you wanted to tell me in the library.", I mentioned to him again. "The library? I didn't remember any of that. You're messing with me.", he said while going back to eating. I was surprised. He was completely denying about what he wanted to tell me earlier. "Mark, you said that you would tell me about that black book-", I said while rising from the table. But as I did, Mark shouted at me and got up too. "(YOUR NAME), THAT'S ENOUGH PLAYING AROUND! JUST EAT!", he said to me in an angry tone. I was shocked at the way he raised his voice at me. My own friend, yelling at me and making everybody feel awkward. As he sat back down, I got up from my chair and took the napkin off my lap. "On second thought, I'm not hungry anymore!", I said while leaving the table. Everyone saw me leaving, and they were all talking to Mark about what just happened. "Maybe she's just tired! I don't know!", he said as his excuse. I ran upstairs into my bedroom and closed the door. I was so mad at the way Mark acted at dinner. I walked around the room and thought to myself again about the book in the library. "Okay! Obviously, something is wrong! I know that, because Mark tried to deny it. I need to get that book tonight. I need to see what's it about.", I said to myself.

Around Nighttime:

I opened my door slowly and walked down the stairs. Not trying to make any noise, or trying to wake up anyone. I mostly didn't want to wake up Mark. As I got down to the last step, I walked quietly to the library. Luckily I had a flashlight in my hand. Once I got to the library, I opened the door and went inside. I then used the flashlight to find the book, and took it off the shelf. As I placed it on the table, I opened it to find some writing on the inside. "The Book of Dark? Huh? What are these?", I said to myself while flipping one page. I then saw that all of the pages of the book were carved out. And in the block of pages, was two dead roses.

I had no idea what those were doing in there

I had no idea what those were doing in there. I took out the roses, and something happened when I did. The book started to fume out some black smoke, and levitate itself onto the floor. As the smoke cleared away, I looked at the book and saw that it got bigger. I was a bit confused for a moment. As I stuck my foot inside the teared up pages, I lost my balance and fell into the pages of the book itself.