Chapter Thirty-Three

It was Friday night and I was sitting on the floor of my bedroom, with a million books spread out. I felt like Kate. I had been trying to figure out my vision -- well, all of them, but mainly the last one. There was something off about this last one. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I was going to try and figure it out. Plus, tonight Kate was coming over, so I knew what we were going to do anyway.

There were about a million or so spells that required the full moon. Plus, we didn't really know if what they were planning required a full moon, or if that was an enhancement -- which was different. There was also the possibility that the full moon was just Thana's idea. She claimed it was the Devil's idea, talking through her.

From the small passage I could read, it sounded like a possession. Although, I thought she was completely full of it. Still, I wrote it down for something to consider. It wasn't exactly how I wanted to spend a Friday night, but I wanted to help. Everyone was working overtime on making sure someone was always with me and watching Dara.

I think tonight was Erik's night to watch Dara. It was unnerving, thinking that Erik was in potential danger. Hence, me trying to read up on everything. I couldn't wait until Kate was here so she could help me with the translations. A lot of these books were in different languages. My mom was gone, spending the weekend with Zack in Boston. Gran was downstairs, cooking dinner.

I heard the doorbell ring, but Gran called out that she was going to get it. I relaxed, continuing ringing. It was probably Kate. I kept reading. Apparently, the reason a lot of spells called for a full moon was that the full moon symbolized completion and the height of power. It was the time of realizing your desires and the peak of clarity.

"Little Bird, you have company." She called from the bottom of the stairs. Usually, she just let whoever it was upstairs. Who was it? I closed the book and went downstairs.

"Coming!" I yelled. My nerves started to get the best of me. I stared down at my grey sweats that had paint stains on it from yesterday when I tried my new oil paints. I still had Erik's clothes and was actually wearing his t-shirt. He hadn't asked for them back and they were so cozy.

When I got halfway down the stairs, I saw who was here.

"Hey, guys." It was everyone. Well, all the girls.

"We came for girls night!" Addie exclaimed. They each were carrying an overnight bag. Had I forgotten something? I wasn't unhappy to see them, but it was a surprise.

"I'll be upstairs in my room all night," Gran smiles like she thinks she's helping. "There is a tone of food and deserts in the kitchen. Oh, and I left the recipes on the counter, just in case anyone wants them." She winks at Ivelyn. The first time Ivelyn had spent the night the two of them had really bonded.

"Thank you, Gran." Ivelyn and I said at the same time. We both made eye contact, but she only smiled at Gran wider.

I didn't say anything because I knew Ivelyn didn't have family support. If her and my Gran got along, then I shouldn't burst her bubble.

We all watched as Gran went upstairs. I shut the door behind the others, watching all of them bring in a couple more bags. They had prepared for this. I should feel grateful, but I was a little overwhelmed.

"We thought we could help clear your head," Mir explained. She was wearing a hot pink tracksuit. Her blond hair in a Columbus bun on top of her head. She wore a single necklace with a circle diamond resting in the hollow of her throat.

"Clear my head from?" I asked the group.

None of them wanted to clarify what Mir had said. I could tell by their facial expressions.