Chapter Twenty

Finally, it was Friday.

I woke up on one of Ivelyn's many spare bedrooms floor, by myself. I had stuck to my guns and hadn't let Erik (or anyone) inside. Eventually, I had passed out. I think I got maybe three hours of sleep if you could call it that. My body had been at a bad angle against the door. The music didn't stop -- ever, but I was able to distract myself from it.

Erik and Claire making out, played on a loop in my mind all night.

I couldn't deny it happened. It hurt me a lot, but I was trying to move past it. Unfortunately, my way of coping meant ignoring everyone. In the morning, I left out the bedroom window. I grabbed my long sleeve, shrugging it over my head as I half-jogged to my car. I should have felt bad about leaving like this, except I didn't.

They all had chosen to have a party and not wake me. Thus, causing the next change of events to happen. I never found Addie, but that had slipped my mind until the morning. I drove to school by myself, consumed by the image of Claire and Erik.

What if I hadn't walked in on them? How far would they have gone?

I hated that my mind went there, but I hated that I didn't have the answers even more. I was a mess. I was wearing yesterdays clothes to school. At first, I didn't care, but then I remember my first class was with Gellar. Did anyone tell my mom or Gran that I wasn't coming home? My phone was dead, so I honestly didn't have a clue.

I guess I was about to find out. 

I pulled into a parking spot and trudged into class. I was about fifteen minutes late to the first period -- again, my phone was dead so I had no idea what time it was until I was in my car. It felt really weird not having a phone, except that it meant no one could bother me. That part was a reliever. I just wanted to get today over with. 

Then, I could go home, nestle up in my comforter and pretend yesterday didn't happen. Hopefully, someone had told my mom or Gran that I wasn't coming home last night. I wasn't prepared to explain what happened last night. Plus, with Gellar dating my mom, it made things difficult. 

I opened the door to History, feeling my cheeks turn rosy before the door fully opened. Gellar was mid-sentence when I opened the door. He looked me up and down, sighed, and then continued on. So, he definitely noticed that I was wearing the same clothes as yesterday. I blushed scarlet and sat at my seat. 

I hadn't done the homework from last night, but Gellar had miraculous extended the date until tomorrow. I pretended that he didn't do this for me. I made sure to take extensive notes. When the bell rang I sprinted out of there, hoping he wouldn't ask to see me after class. He didn't or I didn't hear him. 

The whole class I had successfully not looked at Daniel. In fact, I felt his eyes looking at me and I still didn't meet his gaze. Life was too complicated to add him into this mess. The next class flew by and so did the next. It took me until lunch time until I realized no one from my Coven was here.

I should have been worried, but I wasn't. 

"Corn, hey there you are." It was Mir, next to her was Kate. They looked tired. I wet my lips. What all did they know? I looked around but didn't see Ivelyn, Addie, or Erik. I hated to admit it, but I was a little nervous. Where were they? What were they doing?

"Yeah, here I am," I muttered. I wasn't mad at them. They hadn't done anything wrong. Mir and Kate had tried to help me find Erik and Addie. Unfortunately, I had beat them to it and found Erik. I stopped that thought right there. I was done thinking about Claire and Erik. I was not going to think about it again.