Chapter 5 /. Downfall (ii)

Fate stepped in, uniting the lovers in the foothills of a mountain. Gwen awkwardly balancing a basket filled with juicy grapes on her waist while working on her steps.

Gabriel was out there as well, walking aimlessly while kicking stones at his feet; his bag almost dangling off his shoulder. His attention caught the dark sweep of Gwen's chocolate brown hair.

They stood feet apart, finding each other's gaze finally. Words weren't found necessary to be exchanged. What had to be conveyed was obvious, it held no mystery. There they were in a vast landscape that expanded to every corner of the earth, yet they were cocooned in their own little world.

It was as if everything in the universe anticipated this moment. Or a story of a fortune teller came true that sold a script saying that the seven seas shall unite, the lands shall collide, and their fates shall coincide bringing them together. The mountain caps like a cake's frosting could explode a volcano of happiness. There were whispers amidst the valleys in the warmth of the air stroking on their cheeks.

Their faces were flushed; they looked like an old school couple meeting for the first time in a secret vineyard after passing love notes from under the table desks during class hours. The upgrade here being, that they weren't kids anymore, and instead of having their first intimate moment under a traditional mistletoe, they were under a sky as infinite as their love.

They descended their steps towards each other slowly.

Giving into their anticipated longings finally, they leaned in close.  

/.

How do you like it so far?? Please vote and share! Each of it counts. Means a lot to my hard work :)