You decided it was not worth losing brain cells trying to figure your ex-classmates out. Even after all these years of knowing them, they were still as mysterious as the ingredients of the meatloaf your university canteen once served.

With that, you grabbed the handles of the door and pulled it opened to reveal your high school friends currently in an intense battle of "scissors-paper-stone".

"I left all of you for not more than two hours and this is what I came back to?"

Immediately, the game paused as all heads snapped up at the sound of your voice, surprised to see the soon-to-be bride standing by the doorway with both hands on her hips with brows raised in question.

Ashido opened her mouth to reply when all of a sudden her gaze landed on you and the words died on her tongue. In fact, she wasn't the only one with such a reaction to your appearance.

The rest of your bridesmaids felt their throats closed up as they stared at you with wide eyes and gaped mouths, soaking in every detail from the curled stray of hair strands that framed your face to the tiny sequins sewn in your dress that glittered in the light.

They had never seen you in such a light before since you weren't one to usually dolled up due to your line of work and life partner who doesn't give two shit about how his girlfriend looked on the outwards.

Although they were impressed you were able to choose a wedding dress that best suit you. The dress you wore was sleeveless with the sweetheart neckline showing off a bit of your cleavage as the skirt part of the dress flair out in layers, cascading like waterfalls and pooling like still water on the ground.

If this was their reaction towards how you looked, they couldn't even begin to fathom how the groom's reaction would be like.

Noticing how not a single word was spoken from your bridesmaids as the silence dragged on longer, you were starting to worry for them. What about your outward appearance could have rendered them speechless like that?

You were still yourself underneath all these fancy getups. So, you couldn't understand the sort of reaction the other females were expressing.

"Ano," You began as your brows furrowed in concern. "Are all of you alright? It has been rather quiet for a while."

Yaoyorozu was the first to snap out of it, blinking her eyes as she came back to the present time. Upon seeing your worried expression, she hurried over towards you and took both your hands into her own – clasping tightly as though she didn't want to let you go.

Her usual gentle eyes were glossy with tears as she gave you a watery, but joyful smile. "(Name), you look beautiful."

(E/C) eyes widened slightly in surprise as you did not expect the compliment at all. You shifted your gaze to the rest of your bridesmaids who all wore similar expressions along with pride and joy reflected in their eyes, trying to hold back their tears.

Now it was your turn not to cry lest you ruin your makeup.

Sniffling, you joked to lighten the mood. "If I cry, I'm going to hold each and every of one responsible for ruining my makeup."

Laughter filled the room as the tears dissipated from everyone's eyes – leaving behind only the joyfulness behind their smiles.

Your smile was the biggest one out of all as your gaze, one-by-one, swept all across the faces of the people who had been your side as friends in high school and now as a family.

It had already been ten years since you first met them and yet you still counted them as the closest group of people in your heart despite having crossing paths with many others in the world.