Believe

A/N: I won't be covering some of the games that took place in the anime, only the ones that are important to the plot. Even then, it's only briefly described since you can just the anime if you want to know the details. 

***

Chapter 6

UA High was buzzing with activities as excitement filled the air. It was the day of the famous UA sports festival and people from all parts of Japan had come to witness this spectacular event that took place only once a year.

Stalls were set up along the pavements that led to the stadium for visitors to enjoy before the festival started. The aroma of food attracted customers while merchandises of popular pro heroes were bought by their fans.

Everyone was already in a festive mood before the actual event even took place.

Meanwhile, Class 1-A was in their respective waiting room, waiting for the sports festival to start. Chatters filled the room as students conversed with one another – some were wondering what the first game would be while others were warming up for the activities ahead of them.

Everyone was dressed in their UA sports attire and you were no exception, as you sat next to Bakugou with a bored expression. Since you couldn't participate in the sports festival, you saw no reason for your presence to be here.

"Dipshit, if you aren't participating in the sports festival, what the hell are you doing here then?" Bakugou grunted, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Ask Aizawa-sensei. He's the one who thought it'll be a great idea to make me on standby to deal with injuries that aren't serious enough to look at by Recovery Girl." You replied dryly, wishing you were back at your dorm.

The blonde raised a brow at your answer and shifted in his seat so he could face you properly. "Huh? How the f*ck are you going to help? You don't even have your quirk currently and I bet you don't know anything about first aid."

Your eyes twitched as irk marks appeared on your forehead. Scowling, you explained to the dumb idiot that's known as your childhood friend. "I mainly use vines as my main source of weapon even though I can technically control any plants out there in the world and my vines are different from normal vines because they've healing properties. Besides, Aizawa-sensei only returned 20% of my quirk. It's not enough to deal damage, but it's enough to heal any minor injury."

You finished explaining, only to realize that Bakugou had dozed off. Your irritation grew as a tendril of vine creeped out of your sleeves and slapped the blonde in the face.

Red eyes snapped opened in anger and Bakugou jumped to his feet. He turned to you with a glare, threatening to blow you to pieces. "What the f*ck is your problem?! You want to die is it?!"

The vine retreated beneath your sleeves and returned to its metal state. You returned the blonde's glare with one of your own and replied, "My problem is you! I'm in the middle of explaining something and you dare to fall asleep?!"

You poked his chest at every word you said, emphasizing your point. Bakugou swatted your hand away, his glare deepening. "It isn't my fault that you're boring as hell!"

At this point, your irritation had flared to anger, and you were on the verge of strangling the blonde. "You were the one who asks me about it!"

Your classmates sweat-dropped as the two of you clashed heads – glaring at one another while gritting your teeth. Midoriya sighed, praying to any gods out there that a fight wouldn't break out. The last thing that Class 1-A needed was a fight between the two hotheads in their class before the festival starts.