1 3

November 11th 1:11pm

Alex walked up to the old battered park bench and smiled when she saw her favorite person and her favorite dog already sitting there. Sam looked up when he heard her footsteps and smiled. Before either of them could talk though, the small pup who had grown up quite a bit jumped up at Alex.

Alex laughed, "Hey, Bud,"

She sat down on the right side of the bench and leaned over to where Sam was sitting on the left. They kissed briefly and butterflies flew. They finally felt at home.

"Hey, Baby," Alex whispered softly as she pulled away from Sam.

He grinned at her and pulled her back in for another longer kiss. When they pulled away, he whispered, "Hello, Beautiful,"

They both got out their lunches and the three began eating.

"You know," Alex broke the comfortable silence, "Today is exactly a year since I met Bud,"

Sam's eyes widened, "It's a year today for me too,"

Alex's eyes widened much like Sam's, "You're saying we met him on the same day?"

He nodded with a grin, "I guess we did,"

She laughed, shaking her head, "It's so funny how things worked out,"

"Yeah, I guess I have this little guy to thank for introducing me to the most incredible girl in the world," Sam said, ruffling Buddy's fur affectionately.

Alex blushed slightly, "I do too, it seems,"