0 4

December 2nd 1:09pm

Three weeks. That's how long the short, brown-eyed girl with auburn hair had been visiting the pup at the park. Each day she'd leave her place of work to visit the stray to share her lunch.

Winter had just begun, and she was already feeling the effects. Pink tinted her nose thanks to the biting cold. Her hands were covered in a pair of gloves, although they didn't help much. She still felt as though her fingers were going to freeze off.

The short, brown-eyed girl with auburn hair sat on the right side of the old park bench. As if on cue, the adorable cream-colored pup bounded towards her, sitting down on her left.

It had rained the night before and therefore the ground was wet. But it did wash the dog clean of most of the mud and dirt. Only for his feet and belly to get all muddy again.

The short, brown-eyed girl with auburn hair leaned down and gave the dog an affectionate scratch behind the ears. She then patted the seat next to her and the dog hopped up, sitting beside her and panting slightly.

She opened the brown paper bag and took out two sandwiches. Both were lettuce, chicken and a little tomato. Their favorite. She broke the corner off of the first sandwich and fed it to the pup before taking a bite of her own sandwich. This continued until both sandwiches were gone.

After five minutes of sitting, eating and enjoying her time with the pup, the short, brown-eyed girl with auburn hair stood. She gave the dog a pat and a little scratch under the chin with a smile.

"See you tomorrow, Bud,"

The short, brown-eyed girl with auburn hair left with a smile, a full stomach, and a happy heart.

--- --- ---

December 2nd 1:40pm

It'd been three weeks since the tall, green-eyed boy with dark hair had met the pup. Since then, their routine had changed a little.

Instead of walking towards his favorite park as he used to, he now ran. And instead of going straight to the old park bench to eat his lunch, he kept on running.

The tall, green-eyed boy with dark hair ran through the entrance of the park and started down the now familiar pathways through the trees. The small pup almost immediately started running alongside him and he smiled.

He'd only recently started running, but he liked it. He got the chance to clear his head. It also kept him and the small dog in shape.

After a short ten-minute run, they both stopped at the old park bench. The tall, green-eyed boy with dark hair sat on the left side of the bench while the dog jumped up and sat in the middle.

He grabbed the plastic-wrapped sandwiches from his pocket and unwrapped both. Ham, cheese and a little tomato. Their favorite. Then started the pattern of feeding the dog a piece before eating some himself.

Although he was quite hot from the run, the tall, green-eyed boy with dark hair was still quite layered up. The harsh winter wind was getting to him.

Soon enough, both sandwiches were finished, and he stood up. He gave the dog an affectionate pat.

"Bye, Bud,"