0 5

December 14th 1:09pm

The short girl with brown eyes and auburn hair sat down on the right side of the old, familiar park bench. The little pup jumped up onto the middle of the bench and awaited his lunch patiently.

The girl laughed happily and gave the stray an affectionate pat. This had to be her favorite part of the day. Yes, she loved her job at the little bookstore down the street, but she loved spending her lunch break with her new friend more.

She brushed her auburn hair from her face before digging through her bag to find the sandwiches. The brown-eyed girl also pulled out her water bottle and a little bowl.

This was a new addition to their routine. Sometime over the past couple weeks, she realized that the pup must be thirsty. There was a little lake in the park, but the water wouldn't be very clean. So, she started packing the water bottle and bowl.

She poured some of the fresh water into the bowl and set it down for the pup who immediately lapped it up. The girl then took out the two sandwiches from the brown paper bag. Lettuce, chicken, and a little tomato, as usual.

The two shared their lunch in silence. It had begun snowing a couple of weeks ago and the girl often wondered if the stray was cold. But he had a thick winter coat now and seemed happy enough here.

After both sandwiches had been demolished, the girl gave the pup a cuddle before heading off back down the street in the direction of the bookstore.

--- --- ---

December 14th 1:37pm

The tall boy with green eyes and dark hair ran through the entrance of the park and started down the familiar path he ran every day. The little pup caught up to him and started running happily alongside the boy.

Despite his previously sour mood, the boy smiled. He pushed his dark hair back from his face and continued to run.

His job at the local bakery wasn't going too well. At first, it was great. But now, it seemed more and more draining. The people were great, but it wasn't where he wanted to be. He wanted to be around music.

But those dreams would have to wait.

After a fifteen minute run around the park, the boy's green eyes found the old park bench and he jogged towards it. He sat down on the left side of the bench while the pup jumped up and sat in the middle.

The boy took out the sandwiches and unwrapped them both before the two started eating. It didn't take long before both munches were demolished.

The boy scratched behind the dog's ears affectionately before heading off to the bakery down the street.