"Shh, he will, Chubby. He loves you, so he will get over his stubbornness and he'll come asking you to forgive him. He will agree don't worry."

"But what if he doesn't?"

"He will. We've all seen how much he loves you. I'll make you some hot chocolate while you take a bath."

I nod my head and he walks me to the restroom. I go sit on the toilet, so he comes in and prepares the bath for me.

"Hey, it's ready. I'll go prepare the hot chocolate, so I'll be back in a few minutes."

I give him a nod. I start undressing once I hear the door close and get in the tub. It's feels warm. Ky always knows what to do. I close my eyes. I don't want anymore tears escaping. I don't want anyone to see me like this anymore. I must have doze of because I hear my name being called. I open my eyes to see Kyle kneeling next to the bathtub.

"Hey, sleepyhead." Kyle says.

"Hey."

"I brought you the hot chocolate. Do you want a drink?"

I nod my head.

"Here."

"Thanks."

"No need, so you want to finish off? I brought you your pajamas."

"Yes."

"I'll wait for you in your bedroom."

"Okay."

"Want to watch some movies?"

"No, I just want to go to sleep."

"You need a distraction, so we're going to watch some movies. We're starting with your favorite one."

"I'm not going to be watching it."

"But it might grab your attention. It always has." Kyle says in a soft tone. "Here..."

He places his arm around me to bring me closer to him to place my head on his shoulder. The warmth even though I want it from someone else is still comforting.

"Please don't tell the others." I whisper.

"I won't, but you have to tell them yourself what happened, especially your brother...he's suppose to visit us this weekend." He adds.

"I forgot that he's coming."

The movie is playing, but I'm not paying any attention to it. My mind keeps racing with thoughts about Xavier; why did he not come after me when I said it was over, is his name more important than our relationship?

What keeps me grounded is Kyle who lends me his warmth, he has his arm around me. Eventually, I fall asleep. The next morning, I'm engulfed in warmth. I am too comfy to want to move, but then I remember that it can't be Xavier, so it must be Kyle. Kyle must have been awake or I must of made a sound because the next second he's engulfing me in a hug whispering, that everything will be alright, everything will turn out for the best. I let myself believe in what he's saying.

"Chubby, let's go make breakfast. Our favorite chocolate chip waffles with strawberries and blueberries!"

He doesn't wait for my response.

"Hey, put me down, Ky."

"Nope, you're as light as a feather you know. We need to feed you more!"

"Stop and no. I eat enough thank you. Kyle put me down."

"Nope...until we get to the kitchen."

He seats me down on the counter. How can he be strong enough to lift me?

"Kyle, when I said put me down I meant like standing not sitting."

"I know. You're just going to wait while I get everything out and then come help me." He smiles.

~

"Hmm, we have to go grocery shopping before your brother gets here. We don't have much left, so you go get dress while I do too."

"Yes, Kyle." I respond.

"Are you ready?" He yells walking in.

"I thought you were supposed to wait for my response."

"Yeah, but I knew you would be ready."

"What if I wasn't."

"We'll then I would have covered my eyes."

I feel a small smile tugging on my lips; he can be such a goofball.

"Sure, you would. Let's go."

As I go to walk past him, he hooks his arm through my arm.

"Ky, what are you doing?"

"Nothing, I'm just walking my bestest friend!"

"Please don't tell me you're going to be acting out in the store too. We don't need to be almost thrown out like last time."

"Hey, it isn't my fault they can't see it as free public entertainment. Besides it was fun."

"Just tone it down today."

"Okay, I will just for you, Chubby."

"Ky."

"What? There is no one around."

"Why did I let you call me Chubby? I'm not even chubby."

"Because you love me and you do have chubby, chubby cheeks!"

"But I haven't been chubby, since I was a baby. They're just cheeks."

"They so pinchable." He says chuckling.

"You should find yourself a chubby boyfriend, so that you can call him chubby love."

"Nope, why would I want to do that?"

"I want you to be happy and so that you won't have that nickname for me anymore. You can call me something else."

"Nope, you'll always be Chubby for me, so stop trying to get out of it and I am happy."

***

Fortunately, my brother calls to cancel his visit. He was called in to work, so he can't make it. I get to avoid explaining my situation with Xavier. Xavier hasn't contacted me at all...it's been two days. I can't believe that his stubbornness is winning over our love and I don't know if I would chance it if he doesn't do anything soon. It's been good that I had work, but I don't today. I need a distraction and I am grateful that Ky doesn't work over the weekends either. Ky drags me to the park. It is great spending the day outside, playing, lounging around, and making up stories about the people we see. Now we're just lying down for a movie night with ice cream.

Someone is knocking on the door, but I don't want to get up. I slightly open my eyes, since the someone won't stop and see Ky next to me.

I shake him, "Ky, go open the door. Someone's been knocking."

He mumbles a response.

"Ky, if you go I'll make cheesecake."

"Why can't we let the person go away?"

"Because the person has been knocking for a while."

"Ugh, I'll go. I'm going." He responds opening his eyes.

"Thanks, Ky."

The knocking stops, so I assume Ky opened the door. I strain my ears to listen to what's going on, but I can't hear anything. Either it is someone who had the wrong apartment or it's for Ky. I snuggle back under the covers, but I can't fall asleep. I decide to get up and shower.

"Chubby, are you almost done?"

"Yeah. Almost out."

"Okay, I'll finish preparing breakfast. When you're done just come to the living room we'll eat there."

"Okay."

I finish getting ready. I don't question why he said living room. I should have though. As soon as I step into the living room I see Xavier standing facing my way. I freeze.