Chapter Twenty Two

"Here, kitty, kitty, kitty," Skywave called, peering under battered monitors and skirting the edges of the base. "You are one skittish cat. Silvo had suddenly appeared, and Skywave's pet, Phleia, had bolted. Silvo had settled down a moment later, but Phleia was refusing to come out. Wherever she was.

"Blasted Autobots!" Starfreeze shouted, appearing and dropping onto the ground. Skywave turned and ran over to her sister.

"What happened?" she demanded.

"Much more stubborn than I thought," Starfreeze said, flicking Energon off her arm.

"Even Silvo couldn't take them?" Skywave asked.

"They wanted their leader more than I did," Starfreeze snapped. "Get those tools and fix this!" She thrust her arms at Skywave and she stood up, running to get the medical kit. She grabbed it and set it down, beginning to work on her sister. Phleia decided to come out, letting out a dissatisfied mew.

"Oh, be quiet," Skywave said, mending the gashes in her sister's armor. She finished and tossed the kit off to the side. Starfreeze scrambled to her pedes, spitting Cybertronian curses.

"Careful," Skywave cautioned. "You'll offend Primus or worse, Unicron."

"Curse Primus and his beloved servant!" Starfreeze snarled. "Him and his Primes!"

"Ah well, nothing we can do, is there?" Skywave said, stroking Phleia's spine. Are purred, flicking her tail.

"I suppose," Starfreeze said, beginning to calm down. The darkness that would have suffocated any one else began to subside. Skywave nodded to herself and her pet. "Skywave..." She turned to her sister. Skywave looked up.

"Yes?" she said.

"What do I do?" She looked truly uncertain. "He seems desperate, like he truly... Loves me."

"Oh. Don't believe such foolish nonsense," Skywave said, flapping a servo at her sister dismissively. Phleia meowed loudly. "If the bug doesn't like me, the Prime is most certainly a fake."

"True," Starfreeze said. Skywave turned to look at her sister, making them both laugh. "How do you turn such a serious matter into a joke?"

"Well, I feel slightly lighter," Skywave said, scratching Phleia's chin. "Maybe the light is shining. Or I'm losing weight." They laughed again.

"Okay," Starfreeze said. Skywave sat back. Phleia curled up and she stood, turning to face her sister. "Do we have a plan?"

"Well, I'd like to chill for a moment, but if you need me, you can call. You sure have a loud voice for how little you talk," Skywave said. Starfreeze smiled softly as she watched her sister call her cat and walk out of the room. Silvo nudged her shoulder plate affectionately.

"How can she be so... Happy?" she wondered, hugging her dragon's muzzle. Silvo let out a small rumble. "Maybe I should take a few tips from her." She smiled again and pulled away from her dragon. "We'll see." She walked out of the room, humming softly to herself. Silvo watched her, then curled up and fell asleep.