Chapter Twenty Seven

Bumblebee watched Arcee walk through the portal, then Skywave. He ran forward and picked her up, spinning her around. She laughed as he set her down, searching her optics. Bulkhead chuckled as he walked through, the Bridge closing a moment later. Skywave buried her face plate in Bee's shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her. 

"What happened?" he beeped. 

"She's gone," she whispered into his armor. He stroked her back gently. "My sister is gone." 

"It's okay," he whispered. "We'll find her." She looked up at him, her face plate surprisingly dry. He looked down at her with warm optics. She leaned into him, sighing as she rested her helm on his chassis. The others focused intently on their work. 

"Why do you still love me?" Skywave whispered, her optics staring off into some distant universe unknown to Bumblebee. "After all I've done to you, and the people you love..." 

"I succeeded," he whispered, resting his helm on hers. She looked up at him. He pulled his mouth guard down and kissed her. She melted into it, putting her servos on his neck. 

"About time," Arcee whispered from where she was sitting by Optimus. 

"Been waiting for that this whole time," Wheeljack agreed. They broke apart, looking at the team. Ratchet nodded slowly. Bulkhead grinned along with Wheeljack and Arcee smiled. 

"Thank you," Skywave whispered, leaning into him once more. "For saving my soul." He leaned down and kissed her again. He didn't have words. He just hoped she could feel it. He could feel her gratitude. I will save her sister. I will make her happy. He vowed it. He would never let her down again.