Chapter Seventeen

Bumblebee powered on his optics, looking around. He'd had a flashback; his confession to Skywave. Now everything around him was black, no light, no nothing. He felt like he was floating, spinning around. He tried to stand, but his arms and legs flailed in the air. Then he realized he wasn't wearing his mouth guard. "Where am I?" he asked, moving to replace his mouth guard. Then he heard the echo. That wasn't a beep or whir, it was his own voice. 

He twisted his helm around. There was nothing there. He was nowhere. Am I dead? This wasn't the All Spark. Or at least, he didn't think it was. Then he felt something curl up his leg and he looked down. A pair of white eyes met his optics and he jerked his leg up. There was a deafening whispering noise and several shadows crawled up his body. He struggled to throw them off, but they wouldn't leave. A second time, they would devour him and he was completely powerless to stop it. 

"Is this my fate?" he cried out as the shadows tightened around him. "To suffer eternal pain in her hatred?" He gasped as a shadow reached up his chassis and circled his helm and neck cables. He'd done this. He'd chosen his fate the moment he'd run away from Skywave. He'd promised her that she wouldn't regret choosing to love him. With him he'd taken everything from her. He raised his helm and let out a despairing cry. This was all his fault. 

He doubled over as the shadows scrambled over his back, reaching out with dark fingers to caress his helm and neck. He then couldn't take any more and relaxed, the shadows crawling over him. This was his fate. He would suffer over and over again because of what he'd done. What a simple mistake can do.