06 // love's gross

"Love's gross."

        "You're just salty."

"Saltier than a french fry, yes."

        "Why do you hate love so much? Just because you've never dated someone, doesn't mean that you never will?" 

"Thanks, Ms. Optimistic, but it's just such a bitch. Like, who ever thought it would be a good idea to invent such a thing that is both so important, yet so fragile? That's like building a house of straw, like in that fairytale. One breath from some big bad wolf, and it falls apart."

        "That's definitely something I've never heard love be compared to. And I have seven different playlists for love songs on my iPod. Not once was there ever a straw house."

"Well, that's my reason. Why do I want to build something that is just going to be blown down? I'd rather stay alone, here in this room, until I'm thirty-three where I'll adopt my third dog or a baby from another continent. That's my plan."

        "In that fairytale, the pigs' houses are stronger and stronger. Just because something is destroyed doesn't mean there isn't anything else out there -- maybe even something better. There's going to be plenty of big bad wolves, you just need to stick it out."

"Thanks for the advice. But I just don't think love's my thing. My mom says that I should love myself before I let anyone in my pants. And I'm still trying to figure out how to do that. I'm hard to love."

        "No you're not."

"And I need to figure out where to find pants that are actually comfortable, so that one day, when I do love myself, I can let someone into my pants, and those pants will be the most comfortable pair of pants I'll ever have taken off my body."

        "Do you want to go on a date? We can go to the mall and find you some comfortable pants."

"Okay."