Chapter Thirty-Two

Začať od začiatku

"Sorry," I had to force myself to look away.

"No worries, I was just gonna change." He moved towards his dresser to get clothes. As he did this, the towel slipped about a half inch lower. My heart started to race. I had to get out of her.

"I'll wait for you in the living room, sorry!" I grabbed my things and practically ran out of the room. As I left he said a smart ass comment, but I shut the door behind me. My face was beyond scarlet. 

Erik had always been fit, but I could tell he had been seriously working out. 

I shook my head, I can't think about him or his body anymore. Thankfully, my phone offered a distraction. Addie text back and we started messaging back and forth. It was nice until she asked about Erik and my mind went straight to his naked body. 

I heard Erik walk down the hall. When I looked up he was wearing a black v-neck t-shirt with dark wash jeans and black shoes. His hair was still a little damp and the stubble on his face was more noticeable. He caught me staring and his hand went to his chin.

"I didn't have time to shave," he tells me.

"It's nice," I tell him with a shrug. 

Then he smiles smugly. I roll my eyes.

"Jeeze, you really can't compliment you without you getting all arrogant!" I tell him jokingly. 

"It's all part of my charm." He winks. "You ready?" I let him have his moment and follow him to my car. I hop into the passenger seat and he turns the car on. 

The drive isn't very long, but it drags on in the silence. I'm not sure what to say. He seems to be in a good mood, but there's something bugging him. I can tell, which makes me awkward. I should just ask him, but I can't. 

He doesn't say anything until he pulls into my driveway.

"I'm glad you didn't die," he finally says. 

I'm not entirely sure how to take that.

"I'm glad you saved me." It's true. I'm glad it was Erik that saved me. Anyone else would have just taken me to the hospital and disregarded what I wanted. Granted, what I wanted almost got me killed. Still, it meant a lot to me that he respected my wishes.

"I think it's Kate's night tonight," he changes the subject. "If you wanted to be alone, I could tell her to not worry about it. I don't mine waiting on your roof. It's been a while since I shifted and--

"I wouldn't mind you coming over. Unless you're getting tired of me." I joke with him to lighten the mood.

"I could never get tired of you," he says this mostly to himself. I barely hear him. "Uh, I should probably head to class. Do you want me to head over after school? I could bring Addie." I nodded. It would be nice to see everyone.

"Yeah, I'd like that." We said our goodbyes and I got out of my car. I told Erik to take my car, that way he wasn't going to be later to school. Plus, he was coming back later with Addie. I could drive them both home at that time.

I looked over my shoulder when I got to the front door, Erik waved and then backed out. He always waited to make sure I made it inside okay. I liked that. Not a lot of people did that. It was probably a good idea, with my luck and knowing how clumsy I was.

Inside, I smelled blueberry muffins. I inhale the sweet smell and shut the door behind me. My mom was gone based on the absence of her car. Hopefully, Dara was at school, so that meant it was just me and Gran. That was fine by me.

I head to the kitchen, stopping to set my things down on the couch. I find her opening the oven to reveal a whole tray of fresh homemade blueberry muffins. She has the best timing.