Just a Tiny Breath [Naruto/SasuSaku]

❀-Disclaimers-❀

I do not own Naruto/Boruto or it's characters, all rights go to the Masashi Kishimoto&Ukyō Kodachi. However, I do own the plot of this OneShot! Any ties to real-life events or people are completely coincidental. This story is absolutely fictional.

__________________________________________________________

WARNING - This OneShot contains a description of a Heart Attack.

Title: Just a Tiny Breath. [SasuSaku, OneShot, Request, Modern AU, Angst]

Rating: M.

Wordcount: 634.

__________________________________________________________

It never crossed Sakura's Haruno mind that she would have enormous problems with stress. All her friends were telling her how she looks refreshing, beautiful, wild and young. She started to believe the words repeated to her every day.

But somehow she landed here in life. Being worried about her health she asked her best friend Sasuke to accompany her during a stress test today.

Why she felt pressured to be perfect in everything, lately? Sakura knew that picking to study medicine at a University would be stressful from the start. However, it wasn't the only reason for her multitude of worries. Her deep one-sided love for Sasuke and listening to Ino problems were stressing Sakura out too. Somehow everything wasn't going according to Sakura's plans. After a while, Sakura heard a loud knocking.

"Oh, it's already time for Sasuke to pick me up!" Sakura realised checking if she didn't forget anything important. Even though the clothes she wore now was ideal for running on a treadmill, deep inside Sakura still wanted to look pretty in front of the person she loved her entire life.

Sakura quickly opened the door to welcome Sasuke with an approving nod. His black hair and eyes always made her think of a pitch black future. Maybe the main reason for it was her being really tired and stressed out.

"I came to pick you up, Sakura," Sasuke said bluntly. He always was a person that spoke through the 'actions' more than words.

"Thanks for your help!" Sakura decided to response carefully and not to complain until they reach their destination.

__________________________________________________________

It was the moment of truth for Sakura. Is everything with her health alright? Should she seek medical help depending on the stress test result? She really felt grateful that Sasuke found time in his busy schedule to be with her here.

After the staff properly prepared everything, Sakura started to run on a treadmill connected to a heart monitor. During the entire process, a lot of unpleasant thoughts passed through her head making Sakura feel a little bit dizzy at the beginning. This dizziness turned into unbelievable pain spreading around her chest, shoulders, back and jaw. The pain multiplied and the world turned pitch black.

__________________________________________________________

Sasuke thought Sakura was really overdramatic when she told him about her problems with stress. Seeing her heart rate on the monitor and how she hit the ground proved to him she wasn't trying to create a false drama at all.

That's why he ran over to her after calling an appropriate emergency number and started to do a CPR. Luckily for him, he went through CPR training the week before Sakura fainted and was lying breathless on the floor.

"I beg you, stay with me, Sakura. Please don't die." Sasuke whispered in his desperation to revive the most precious girl in the world to him. Without her, every person that was important to him will disappear. He will return to his past self that reminded more of a zombie than human.

"S-Sakura be alive, I beg of you!" Time seemed to stop during this fast sequence of events for Sasuke. Fear of losing someone precious to him after his entire family died in a car accident was always buried inside of him. For Sasuke, his world wouldn't turn pitch black when he dies, but when everyone he cares about disappears from this world.

__________________________________________________________

It turned out thanks to Sasuke fast and precise CPR skills, Sakura survived her first heart attack. She still was in the hospital under medical care since her condition came back to being stable. At first, he wasn't able to visit Sakura, but when he got permission from the doctors, Sasuke visited Sakura every day.

Sasuke made a decision. He will accept Sakura feelings before her little tiny breath disappears from this world. 

__________________________________________________________

AN: Hello,  everyone!

I really had fun with researching stuff described in this request. SasuSaku is the ship that is out of my comfort zone in writing tbh, but I tried my best! I had problems with describing some things and decided to describe Sasuke emotions more? Anyway, hope ya all enjoyed to read my first attempt at writing SasuSaku ever.

Your Clumsy Author - Karinrumi ;)