HAYDEN'S P.O.V 4

HAYDEN’S POINT OF VIEW

Standing there looking at what was left of Lucy’s car made my heart sink into my stomach. How could she have possibly survived that? Her car had been hit so hard the impact crumpled the it. Jack was currently lifting Abby’s lifeless body out of the small gap he had made in what use to be the passenger door. The force of the impact was to much for her fragile human body. Her death will crush Lucy. Just as Luna's betrayal is crushing me. How was I so blind not to see what she was doing. I keep letting Lucy down. She tried to warn me about Luna and i refused to believe it. I have so much to make up to Lucy when i find her.

Neil slowly approached me. “Alpha we are not able to find any scents to follow.” I nod my head so he knows I have heard him. Hold on Lucy I will find you I thought. An idea came to me “Jack is the rouge in the holding cell like I asked?”

Jack nodded his head. “Yea Alpha.”

I quickly change into my wolf and race back to the pack house. As soon as I arrive I change back to my human form and head down stairs to the holding cells. Not bothering putting any cloths on.

“You” I say pointing to the rouge. “Tell me where Max is now?”

The rouges head shoots up, he reeked of fear. “H..h..he’s in a warehouse about a mile out of town.”

“Is that where he would have taken Lucy?” I asked

The rouge nods his head vigorously “yes.”

I link with all pack members at once, “The rouge says Max will have Lucy in a warehouse about a mile out of town. I want all fighters to head there now.”

“Yes Alpha” echoed through his head as they all replied.

I raced back up the stairs and outside as fast as I could. Changing back into wolf I ran as fast as I possible going in the direction of the warehouse.

Forty minutes later I arrive at the warehouse, Max’s scent was everywhere. Most of my fighters had already arrived. I changed back to human form and sent a message to my pack to break down the steel door. As soon as they had knocked the door out I entered the room. What I saw before me was like a horror movie. My mate was dangling from a beam her face completely swollen and covered in bruises. Her face and clothes were covered in blood.

“LUCY! What have you done to her?” I screamed looking at a smug looking Max.

“I’m afraid you’re a little late to save your mate. Don’t worry though you’ll be joining her soon.” Max said before changing into his wolf. I immediately changed into mine and attacked him.

Rage at what he had done hit me and my wolf completely took control. He wasn’t going to give Max a quick death. No, he was going to make sure he hurt before he died. My wolf attacked him taking chunks of flesh and fur out of him a mouthful at a time. Max tried to fight back but he was inexperienced to have any chance against my wolf. He howled in pain as I ripped more chunks out of him.

“Alpha your mate needs you finish him off!” Jacks words made me pause. I needed to get to my mate. I clamped my Jaw around Max’s throat sinking my teeth into him.I hear a crunch as I crushed his spine blood poured into my mouth. Finally, Max was dead. I released him and changed back to human immediately and raced over to Lucy who was now lying on the floor.

“We need to get her to your mother Alpha. She has a lot of serious injuries.” Neil said to me.

I quickly swooped her up in my arms and ran outside to where one of the pack members had parked the car we brought to transport Lucy back to the pack house. I drove as fast as the car could go finally reaching the pack house a carry Lucy into the house straight for the medical room,

“MOTHER!” I screamed so panicked I didn't even think to use the mind link. “MOTHER!”

“Hayden what’s the matter?” My mother sends through the mind link.

“It’s Lucy come to the medical room quick.”

I walk into the medical room and lay Lucy down on the bed. I gently hold her hand. “It’s ok Lucy you're safe now. I found you and you’re going to be alright. Oh please Lucy you have to be alright. I don’t know what I would do if you weren’t in my life.” I say to her tears streaming down my face.

My mother enters the room rushing straight over to Lucy. “God heavens what did that monster do to her?”

“Looks like he beat every inch of her body.” I say to her.

My mother looks at me “Hayden dear I need you to leave the room while I examine her wounds.”

I growl at her. “I’m not leaving her.”

“Please son your wolf is on edge and if I do something to cause her pain you will attack me.”

Knowing she’s right I stand and leave the room. I pace up and down the hall waiting for the door to open. An hour later it does the look on my mother’s face said it all. Lucy chances for survival were slim. I rush past my mother to Lucy's side picking up her bandaged hand.

“Tell Me,” I say to my mother.

“Every rib is broken she had a dislocated shoulder, her jaw is fractured she has a lot of internal bleeding. She is almost healing at a wolfs pace but because she has yet to shift she’s not healing as fast as she needs to be. We are just going to have to wait and pray she makes it though this.”

I turn my attention back to Lucy. “Hey you” I whisper too her tear already leaking from my eyes. "I need you to fight this Lucy. I need you to wake up and stay alive. I still have a lot of making up to do” I sniff and wipe the tears from my face. “I plan on marrying you and having lots of pups. So you need to live. Do you hear me? You have got to live. I love you so much Lucy I can’t go on without you. Please don’t die on me.”

One of Lucy’s eyes flutter open the other was swollen shut. “Lucy?” I lean forward to make it easy for her to see me.

“Hayden.” She whispered out

“Shh its ok you’re safe now I just need you to get better ok? I love you Lucy so much that I need you to get better for me.”

“I….Love….You….Too” She whispered her eye closing slowly.

‘Lucy?” I stand from my seat and stand over her body. “Lucy wake up. Don’t you dare die on me Lucy. Don’t you dare.” I fold myself over her body holding her as I cry, my body shakes from the force of the sobs escaping me.

"Please don't leave me" I kept repeating over and over again