Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

As Lucy pulled up at the front of Linda’s house, she noticed that there wasn't any lights on in the house. Looking at the clock on the dash of her car, she realized it was already one in the morning. She sat in her car for a moment trying to get some composure before she goes to see Linda. She wanted to be there for her, the past couple of days, but being under house arrest made that impossible.

Feeling ready Lucy exits her car and starts walking across the street towards Linda’s house. She had just walked past the giant oak tree near the foot path when she heard the first growl. Looking to her left Lucy notice two wolves standing side by side growling at her. One of the wolfs had black fur like Hayden’s except this wolves fur looked dirty and mangy beside the black wolf was a dirty looking golden wolf. They both looked Ferrel and disgusting.

Having finally reached a point where enough is enough Lucy spoke “For Pete’s sake can’t I go five minutes without something bloody happening” She throw s her hands in the air and sighs.

Before her arms could be, lowered back to the side of her body the black wolf lunges for her. but before he could make contact with Lucy a third wolf that had a white coat with patches of gold on its fur intercepted him.

The two wolves wrestled on the ground, neither of them able to get a good hold on the other. Finally the white wolf got a hold of the black wolfs rear leg and bit down hard; the black wolf yelped in pain but it didn't give up fighting the white wolf. The black wolf shifted its body so its injured leg was away from the white wolves reach. The black wolf lunged for the white wolf, managing to bite down on the soft flesh above its front leg. The white wolf howled in pain then moved its head down towards the black wolf face which was still holding on to the white wolf flesh and bit down hard on its neck. The black wolf released its hold on the white wolf allowing the white wolf to pin the black wolf to the ground until the black wolf was still. The white wolf  eventually released its hold on the black wolf and collapsed on the ground beside it.

The sound of bones breaking followed shortly after. The fight felt like it went on for hours but really only lasted minutes. The golden wolf that just stood and watched the fight happen, returned its attention back to Lucy looking more furious then before. But before it could take a step towards her a fourth wolf appeared stepping in-between the golden wolf and Lucy. Lucy could tell by the condition of the new wolf that it was one of Hayden’s its thick brown fur looked healthy. The two wolves lunged at each other but Lucy lost focus on the battle by the sounds of a guy’s moans. Lucy looked over to where the black and white wolves were to find the white wolf had changed back to its human form.

“Luke?” Lucy asked running over to him “Oh god Luke are you alright?”

“Lucy” He whispered out “I couldn’t let them hurt you” Was all he said before he passed out.

“Luke” she cried out shaking his body. “Come on wake up Luke”

Lucy looks behind her and notices that the brown wolf had killed the golden wolf and had changed back into human form revealing a very naked Lisa.

Lisa walks over to Lucy and Luke. “Be careful Lucy he is a rouge and very dangerous.” Lisa warns

Lucy turns and glares at Lisa “Luke is my best friend’s brother and a good friend of mine. He would never hurt me. Now help me help him" When Lisa didn't move Lucy whispered "please,” She begs

Several cars pulled up at the road and people started appearing, Jack appeared out of nowhere and knelt down beside Lucy. Jack knew Luke from school and that he was a friend of Lucy’s. "We will take him back to the pack house so Mrs Benson can look at his wounds then Hayden can decide what we can do with him”