Chapter Twenty Three

Luke was woken the next morning by a knock on his bedroom door. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes, and rolled off the coach before he making his way to the door. He opened it to find Hayden standing there.

“Hey Luke have you seen Lucy?” Hayden asks

“Er yeah she came here last night pretty upset so I let her crash in my room” Luke opens his door wide to reveal a sleeping Lucy.

Hayden eyes instantly turned Black his body started to shake with rage. He releases a loud growl.

“WHAT!” He screams

“Hey man calm down she only slept in here nothing happened I swear. I slept on the couch she just needed to be around a friend is all,” Luke says panicked holding his hands up in surrender

“Luke what are you doing standing at the door like that?” Lucy’s voice asks from behind him

“Er Hayden is here and has gotten the wrong idea about you staying the night here” Luke nervously replies.

Lucy snorts “Yeah well I’m none of his concern anymore” She says as she gets out of bed and walks towards the door. She pushes Luke out of the way and confronts Hayden with her hand on her hip. She raises one eyebrow at him. “Yes is there something we can help you with Alpha Hayden?” She asks sarcastically.

“What are you doing in Luke’s room?” He asks trying to control in his anger

“What’s it look like I’m doing here you tool? I was bloody sleeping until you so rudely woke us up. Now if that’s all do you mind leaving because I really don’t want to see you right now. If ever” With that said Lucy slams the door shut in Hayden’s face.

“Oh no that can’t of gone down well” Luke said from behind Lucy.

BANG BANG BANG Hayden started banging his fist on the door.

“Lucy you probably shouldn’t have said and done that especially since his wolf was already fighting for control when he thought we slept together.” Luke said nervously

Lucy took a deep breath and sighed she reached for the knob and open the door.

“Will you stop acting like a baboon!” she yells at him

Hayden stop there his chest rising and falling rapidly his entire body was shaking.

“Don’t do that again,” He said to Lucy “I am going to go for a run to cool off and when I get back you and I will be having a talk”

With that said Hayden turned and walked away. Lucy closed the door again and walked over to the bed to sit down. She picks up one of the pillows from the bed holding it to her face she screams into it.

“I don’t know how much longer I can stay here. He is driving me nuts,” She screams into the pillow.

Once she has had enough of screaming she throws the pillow across the room.

“Ok now I feel a little bit better,” She says

Lucy looks over at Luke sitting on the coach. He still looked pale from Hayden’s visit. Lucy groans, “I’m sorry Luke I didn’t mean to involve you in this”

Luke smiles at her and says “Its ok Lucy, Just maybe next time could you not piss his wolf off when I’m around?”

Lucy laughs at him “Yeah sure I’ll do my best”

“Great. So what do we do now?” He asks her

“Well I could give Linda a call and see if she'll come out here to the pack house so you can tell her your big bad secret”

“Do you think that is such a good idea? Maybe I shouldn’t tell her,” He asks feeling nervous about the thought of telling Linda.

“Don’t be silly of course it’s a good idea Luke. She’s your twin sister she would find out eventually, you have never been good at keeping stuff from each other. She will understand”

“Yeah maybe but she will definitely freak out first” He mumbles

Lucy laughs at the thought of her friends face when she first finds out “Oh yeah that’s a given. But once the shock wears off she will be fine”

“Ok ring her. You’re still going to stay with me when I tell her though right?” he asks

“Of course I told you I would didn’t i?”

“Yeah but what if she gets here at the same time Hayden wants that talk with you?”

“Tough. He will just have to wait until we are done. He doesn’t dictate my life. He has no say in what I do at all” She said anger rising in her.

“Ok I just wanted to check is all”

Lucy walks over to pick up her phone off the bedside table and phones Linda's number. After sevral rings she picks up.

“Hello “Linda’s sad voice said through the phone

“Hey Linda its Lucy. I know now is not a good time but do you think there is any chance you could come out to Hayden’s place? It’s really important” Lucy asks

“Now’s not really a good time for me Lucy” Was Linda’s reply

“Yeah I know, how are you doing?”

“Well Luke is still missing the police have no idea where he is and I’m worried sick that his really hurt or d..d..d not around anymore” she whispers out.

Oh, crap Lucy thought to herself she is really depressed. I am going to have to say something about Luke to get her to come all the way out here.

“Listen Linda I have something really important to tell you but it’s important you don’t say anything to anyone. Do you understand? If you do, you could put Luke in a lot of danger”

“What do you mean Lucy? What do you know?”

“I uh know where Luke is.” She pulls the phone from her ear to avoid Linda screaming in the phone. When her screams die down Lucy puts the receiver to her ear again.

“Do you understand you can’t tell anyone Linda?”

“I understand. Where is? Is he alright?”

“You’re going to have to come out here to Hayden place and I will explain everything to you ok?”

Lucy could hear Linda now crying on the other end

“Ok. I will be there soon” Linda disconnects the call. Lucy turns around to face Luke who had tears rolling down his face.

“She coming” Lucy said.

Luke nods his head “I know I heard”

Lucy walks over to him and gives him a gentle hug. “Everything will work out ok. You’ll see,” She says trying to comfort him

“Thanks Lucy, Linda is lucky to have such a great friend like you”

“Hey I’m your friend too there is plenty of me to go around. I’m just awesome like that,” She says smiling at Luke.

Luke laughs at her comment and says, “Yes you are.”

Lucy nudges Luke on the arm “Come on lets go wait down stairs for Linda to arrive. Maybe we can come up with a plan on how we are going to do this”

“Ok” Luke says standing. They both walk out of his room and head for the lounge room down stairs.